Old 07-25-2005, 02:35 PM

Hi, I looked a 68 gto project today. Missing motor but 4 speed still in car. Org air, tilt, plum car with buckets. Car had mud in one quarter and banged up door. Quarter size rust hole in floor and corner of trunk. Otherwise rust free and clean. What is the value of a 68 gto and how rare is 4 speed with air or the plum color. thanks

Old 07-25-2005, 03:33 PM

I see that plum wasnt offered in 68. Car had org paint in spots and owner called it plum. Might have been a burgandy. thanks

Old 07-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I was told that car is coded N for Flambeau Burgandy and the owner is just thinking it was plum. A guy in our local club looked at it and said it was a decent start for a restoration, but definately needs a lot of work. Still a burgandy '68 with air and a 4 speed is a fairly unusual combination. I'd guess it's worth around $3-5k in real world dollars if it's as described (more on eBay). Maybe somewhere in the $20-$25k range nicely restored. I'm assuming this car was an original WT coded 400, but I don't think anyone has seen any PHS papers on it to be sure if it could have been a RA car or even the economy 400. I understood he was willing to drop a running 400 in the car with the sale as well. Rick

Old 07-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is a picture of one from Deals on Wheels.

http://www.dealsonwheels.com/search/detailbig.cfm/Autos...000779-200505-000013

Ignore the car dealer inflated price of $38K. The nice '68 four speed convertibles I have seen top out at $27K, like the red one on Ebay now. I have seen that one listed a couple of times. Considering your car would be non-numbers matching, I think RicksGTO is right on as far as value. An A/C car with 4-speed is very desirable though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68Burgandy.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	4481  

Old 08-12-2005, 06:19 AM
Senior Chief

Question

Mine is now jellow but it was originally a Flambeau Burgundy hardtop with air and a 4 speed and safe-t-track and (non power but will be power)disc brakes and power steering.
I want to repaint it but I'm still thinking about another color yellow instead of Burgundy. Car has a '70 WT GTO 4 speed Block, so it isn't matching numbers.

Anyone got some really good pictures of Burgundy hardtops?!?