Old 08-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Things may be looking up

I just pickup up my 421 from the machine shop today. This was a virgin engine that had never been opened up before. Block was only .006 out, so the machinest said go to .030 over to be safe. Of course it took 3 1/2 months to get the BRC pistons, but boy were they pretty when they came in. Thanks, Ken.

The crank was perfect, only needed polishing. No problems with any of the rods. I had the pistons fitted and the assembly balanced. The heads were in excellent condition with only a problem with one seat. Did the valve job deal, and had hardened valve seats on the exhaust sides. Using the orginal 76 heads.

When I got back home UPS had delivered my Engine overhaul kit from Pontiac Dude. This being my first order from him except for the pistons, I was kinda of apprenhensive of the brand & quality of parts in the kit. When I opened the box I was pleasantly suprised. Clevite 77 bearings, Melling Oil Pump, Cloyes Timing set, Special Moly rings to Match the BRC pistons, Felpro gasket kits. All great choices for a stock rebuild. And at a great price. I put my trust in them from all the referrals on the board and I was not disappointed.
Thanks again, Ken and Danee.

I had already delivered the engine to my mechanic. So I'll probably run the other parts down to him on Monday. He is an 'old time' Pontiac mechanic. He and he partner worked at a local Pontiac dealership in the late 60's thru the late 70's. They know Pontiac engines. I've had good luck with the one's they've put together for me. They have a busy shop, and do things like this kind of 'on the side'. So it may take a while. I hope it doesn't take to long.

When he gets the engine together, it will go over to the restorer who does some cars for Milton Robson (69 Black RA IV Judge Convert at POCI this year) for painting and detailing and installation into my Convertible. I just hope this doesn't take a whole lot longer. I would hope to be able to enjoy the car a little before Christmas.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT