The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 12-14-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Need body work done on Long Island NY

Hi, my motor is almost done but I will need some work done to the car befor installing my motor. The car is going from AC to non AC and I have the section of firewall cut from a donor car that I need installed before I install motor. Then afterwards I will need quarters, doorskin, wheel well and some other stuff done. I'm on Long Island NY and would prefer local to here but will travel some for the right place. I was looking for either a dedicated welder to do the panels, everyone says the work will be better quality if I go this route instead of an all in one welder, painter, body guy. I will investigate either or before I commit. My local guy has had me waiting since early this summer and I'm still waiting and trying to be patient. Ohh yeah looking for someone who is does muscle cars and not just new car insurance work.

Allen
allioop108@aol.com

Last edited by allioop108; 12-14-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:26 AM

Allen I'm currently having my car done at a shop called radical rides so far the body work looks good soon to be painted he subed out the patch work and did the plastic there they are currently doing a pro touring car and a 67 chevelle my car has been there about 8 months or so because I didnt have the $8000 at one time to lay out so its taking a little longer than usual so far Im satisfied with the results the end result will be the real test.They also fabricate custom bikes.Located in deer park.I have seen a few cars they have done and they looked good and I'm picky hope it helps.
Sal

Old 12-16-2005, 08:43 AM

ever think of taking a BOCES course? I just finished one in Nassau County... was very very good...10 weeks/2x a week. Teacher was patient & knowledgeable. worth every penny. im going for part 2 in may.

Old 12-17-2005, 06:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to RamAirThree Send a message via Yahoo to RamAirThree

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekwagon
ever think of taking a BOCES course? I just finished one in Nassau County... was very very good...10 weeks/2x a week. Teacher was patient & knowledgeable. worth every penny. im going for part 2 in may.
How is the Boces courses? I am not a novice so I was wondering if they have courses for advanced. I always like to try new techniques and all but I will be drinking race fuel and peeing on a brush fire if I was to tell my wife I am going to Arizona for I-tech advance classes, so something close to home would be sweet. Just curious..

~Lou

1970 Formula 400 Ram air III, Close Ratio Muncie 4-Speed, 3:73 Gears..... All original, matching number car and under a full frame-up restoration.......
Other toy is a 1991 Fully custom Harley, all show and all go.

http://www.myspace.com/RamAirThree
Old 12-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would also like to know of any body shops here on Long Island. I live in Islip.. Thanks for any info..

Anthony

Old 12-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to RA6T7GTO

try these guys they did my 67 came out real nice. matt 631 680 5903 or rob 516 982 9321, tell them you got the number from perry with the 67 gto

Old 12-22-2005, 12:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to RamAirThree Send a message via Yahoo to RamAirThree

I know a place on Peninsula Blvd., I never had work done there, but I have seen much of there projects and the work seems completely on the money. I myself did restoration work until 6 years ago. The name of the shop is "Street Side Restoration" and the shop is on the corner right across from Hempstead Harley. The owners name is Bud Urig he is a good guy. Feel free to tell him Lou from Queens, with the 70 Ram Air Formula (Keiths Friend).

Street Side Restoration
444 Peninsula Blvd.
Hempstead, NY, 11550
(516) 483-4277

1970 Formula 400 Ram air III, Close Ratio Muncie 4-Speed, 3:73 Gears..... All original, matching number car and under a full frame-up restoration.......
Other toy is a 1991 Fully custom Harley, all show and all go.

http://www.myspace.com/RamAirThree