Old 04-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry ENDURA NOSE PAINT HELP

IM sooooooooooooooooooooo aggrivated my endura nose fell off the car while mocking up my hideaways. I was able to catch 1 end but the other hit the garage floor from 3 feet up & took a bunch of paint off & the impact transferred through the paint leaving me paint cracks every where.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!!

THIS was my finished bumper.
Someone on the forums posted paint techniques for the endura noses that lasts....
WHERE ARE YOU & HOW do i do it.
Im sending the nose to the sand blaster to fix, JESUS CHRISTMAS!

Old 04-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What paint system did you use on the bumper? On solid colors (non-metallic) I've used acrylic enamel with flex additive & hardener on cars in the past and it's very durable. The problem with this method is that most paint shops use basecoat clearcoat exclusively so your likely to have a color mismatch from nose to fender.

Why do you need to sandblast the bumper now?

Old 04-21-2006, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

its base coat clear cote, It was a finished piece on my show winning car. I dont a flex agent was ever added due to some cracks in places. NOW its all cracked. Im in the middle of a frame off, sending parts to the stripper dialy so i just wanted this as clean & stripped as everything else.

Old 04-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You dropped it ? Ugh, those things are heavy and should be handled by two people. Sorry to hear this.
Some folks go with the methodology here
http://www.goatsgarage.com/bumpfrm1.html

A body and paint man that I know who works for one of the largest paint companies I know likes to "stiffen" the top part of the bumper (from underneath) so that it's less flexible.