67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:02 AM

Default need quick response( 1967-68 shifter)

I am about to buy a shifter for my 1967 firebird. I have a st200 column shift now, and will be putting in a th350 with a floor shifter. The shifter i am not sure of definately is form a 1967 or 1968 firebird. It doesn't have the handle on the top, but it does have 5 detent positions and also has the back-up /nuetrla wiring off the side. So will this work for a 1967 set-up even if it's from a 1968. I know it's not a 69 b/c of the back-up light switch attached. Please any help is appreciated.. thanks

Old 05-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The only difference's i have noticed between 67-8 is styling.
Pontiac used the same floor shifter for the st300 and th400.
The "prndl" may be different, but when i changed to a th350 from a st300, i found out the lever went down far enough to engage 1st gear.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100