Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:52 AM
Senior Chief

Default HOLDEN W/PONTIAC

After a deal on a SBC went sour I am now going to stick my 455 into a 1968 Holden Premier sedan. I have a built 'glide to go behind it and a narrowed ford 9in. rear.
The car will weigh approx. 1300 kg(????lbs, light) ready to drive so it should crack along alright.
Will let you guys know of progress as we go.

Dave.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

1300 kg is 2860 lbs. That's pretty light!!

Got any pics??

www.jandjrepairandrestoration
Old 12-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Senior Chief

No pics yet, I'm not too up to date with this computer stuff.

I have kids though, maybe they can work it out!!!!

I am going to need to change to rack & pinion steering to get the engine in and make engine mounts but that isnt a big deal. The car was originally 6cyl. w/glide so the box will bolt up no worries then just work forward from there.

If you Google image search for HK Holden they show quite a few shots. Just picture a white one with big & little satin Centreline Auto-Drags for now.

They are about the size of an early '60s Nova.

I will work on getting some shots.

Dave.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Senior Chief

If you find an FB box it up and ship it to me. Back in 78 when I was on the northwest cape, my girl friend had an old worn out Holden FB that we used to drive around from time to time. About a 1/4 turn of slack in the wheel and kicked out of gear in first and second. We always walked to the pub, driving normal made you look pizzed.

I always wanted to drop a monster motor in there.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Senior Chief

There are a lot of those and EK (same car, next year model) still criusing around.
Conversion kits are available for them to put SBC's in as a bolt in. Pontiac is a different story though.
Chassis kits to stop them torquing up and twisting, rack & pinion steering kits, fenderwell headers etc.

They have gotten real popular with the young yuppie greasy hair set though so the prices are up a bit but not ridiculous.

If you seriously want one I can help out.

Dave.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks 63.

My wife is very understanding and wouldn't care, but it deep down inside it would upset her. I have at the house a 68 Firebird, a 66 GTO (cloned), an 85 Corvette and a 72 MGB, all toys. And thats after culling a few along with the daily drivers 07 Yukon and 97 ext cab truck.

I'm looking at selling the bird and the vet, I'm now a grandpa and have one last kid in the house now 12 years old and planning on doing a father son project. I would love to get him something unique. I actually have another vehicle, a 1961 Mercedes 190 at another location. Always wanted to mini tub it and put a small block cheby in there. He has not expressed any interest in cars (sports kid) and says he wants the vet, that's not going to happen.

Thanks for the reply and have a Merry Christmas, I sure do miss your country and wish I could contact that old girl friend.

Ta