Old 02-07-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Factory Mistake on 70 Lemans 350???

I was browsing some Ebay ads just now and noticed this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-...QQcmdZViewItem

The seller mentions a factory mistake of which 800 engines that should have been 350's were actually 400's. Normally I would just laugh this off, but my 70 Lemans Sport was ordered with a 350 per the window sticker and the code on the block shows it as a 350. However, the bore indicates that it is really a 400. I found this out years and years ago AFTER ordering a balanced 350 rotating assembly from PAW.

My question is......Has anyone else ever heard of this? If so, can you point me to some documentation? I don't really care about the 'rare' factor or anything, I am just curious about how I ended up with a 400 cubic inch 350.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have a 1970 lemans sport with a 400 4-speed in it.the car emblems say 350 but on the build sheet it says next to the engine ,bypass code,which could have meant dealer installed upgrade.I'm still looking into mine so good luck.All PHS says is what I say but thats it.they are not sure themselfs.