Old 03-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Presidential - Take a look at the post from UPC-WU2 - his avatar is a pix of the Darksider T-shirt that we all proudly wear. [in fact I have one on today].
I've got one for you when we hook up.
Have fun, Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to presidential

That's pretty darn sweet. My co-worker says you've got old parts from your car hanging up in the store. He is the one who did some shots of your car if memory serves.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That was the same one.

There are some additional yards in Florida. Some obscure, some not. Some only open in the afternoon. I found one on south 78th street that I have never been charged more than $5 for any part, including the windshield. Last time I brought a six pack and I sat and talked to the owner for about a hour - and, the parts were free that day. The guy must be in his 80's, original owner of the yard and he lives there by himself in a trailor. He has quite a few older cars but you need to bring a sickle to cut the weeds down to get to the cars. And, yes, wear boots and bring some wasp/bee spray as I have come across some snakes and other critters. But, hey - the parts are cheap because no-one ventures in.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to presidential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy
That was the same one.

There are some additional yards in Florida. Some obscure, some not. Some only open in the afternoon. I found one on south 78th street that I have never been charged more than $5 for any part, including the windshield. Last time I brought a six pack and I sat and talked to the owner for about a hour - and, the parts were free that day. The guy must be in his 80's, original owner of the yard and he lives there by himself in a trailor. He has quite a few older cars but you need to bring a sickle to cut the weeds down to get to the cars. And, yes, wear boots and bring some wasp/bee spray as I have come across some snakes and other critters. But, hey - the parts are cheap because no-one ventures in.
I've gotta find that one. I guess it would be bad to say that I am allergic to bee stings at this point, right?

Old 03-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

welcome, pres~

viva la DarkSide.