Old 03-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Senior Chief

Default It runs! And sounds hungry and mean.

Thanks to all who have been answering my questions helping me get there.

Got the 421 beast in my GP fired up for the first time after the builders run on his test stand. It sounds very loud (no exhaust yet except for the downpipes behind the long branch headers) and looks like it wants to leap out of the car and start running down the steet. I got it warmed up enough to kick in the other two carbs - music to my ears. Got all fluids up level and no leaks.

Krautwolf I'm a few weeks behind you in getting mine on the road. Need exhaust system and installation of the guages (question on another thread).

64 catdroptop your color formula is right on - I just dabbed a few places (for now) and color is good.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Open headers are always music to the ears !! Congrats.

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Senior Chief

God bless you for saving another petro-fed dinosaur. People young and old will surely thank you for bringing this beast back to life in this era of internal combustion confusion. Keep moving forward, A steady strain over time is all it takes.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Man i'd kill for a '65 421 with trips! Good for you man! Show them what a real cars look and sound like!