The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 04-27-2007, 04:58 PM
PY Staff - Tech

Default roof rail weatherstripping

Hello,
Does anyone have any helpful hints to replacing the roof rail weatherstrip?? I got most of the old stuff off but how the heck are you supposed to get in the back corner of the quarter window with out cutting through the quarter panel?? I was using the longest skinniest screw driver to pry it down and then going in with needle nose pliers to try to get the pieces out. But what a project, UGH!!! Is there any easier way to do this? I'm just afraid I won't get enough of it out and then I'll have problems when I go to put the new one down in there. I'm trying to get Punkey all sealed up since I got new carpet for my Bday

Old 04-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You can always remove the Phillips screws holding the w-strip channel in place and remove it from the car...not that hard to do.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Senior Chief

Stacy,

There is about 10 flat head screws that hold the stainless weather stripping rail in place to the roof rail of the car. Once you remove all of the screws, the trim that holds the weather stripping should come right out. There should be three pieces including the small corner chunk. Use some weather stripping remover, polish the stainless and re-install. Good luck!!

Dan

Old 04-27-2007, 10:15 PM
PY Staff - Tech

Thanks guys My boyfriend pointed that out tonight when he looked at it. He started taking the screws out but that channel is glued in also. So since I'm trying to make it to a show Sunday and I still have to put the entire interior back in yet we cheated. We got as much out with the skinny screwdriver and then pushed about an 1 1/2 extra wstrip through the hole so it should seal yet