Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 07-25-2007, 02:45 PM

Default going with dougs headers/pypes 3" xpipe system..which muffler?

Well im going to place my order tomorrow through summit, Im going with a set of dougs headers, prt# DOU-D567-R for $529.95
first im wondering if the gaskets coming with the set is going to be a good starter set or should i upgrade now? Will there be any fitment issues with the headers in my car??70lemans 455/auto.

my other question, ive decided to go with the pypes stainless system....going 3" and the x-pipe system. im wondering which muffler is good for me, im going mainly a street cruiser, strip will happen here and there but its not mainly a strip car....im looking at the violator muffler or the racepro. any thoughts? they both sound damn good with their sound clips on the site. but whats best for me? i want good noise, thats all, but if the violators are way too much, maybe i shouldnt go for them.
any issues installing the x-system on a lemans? is it a straight bolt on? any cutting? fabricating or hammering needed?

let me know guys, thanks for the help.

94 TransAm couple bolt-ons
03 F150 SuperCrew Fx4
88 Mustang LX T-Top 5-speed