Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default SONIC MOTORS....need info.....

Hello, does anyone know BARRY from SONIC MOTORS????

i need his phone number

thanx for any help

Old 07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

(810) 750-1421

Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

DAMN QUICK THANK YOU

Old 07-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Senior Chief

I would recommend doing a search here on PY before doing any business with them. I could tell you a few things but you can be the judge by reading past posts.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Suspended

He's a yankee, and has the highest prices you can find. He supposedly buys well, but I couldn't get him to follow thru with his initial commitment on a rare 1/4 panel I had for trade. He wanted me to deliver it to him 6 hrs away too and raised his price $400 during the negotiations--then backed out all together when his deal fell thru on reselling it.

I was glad to be able to get this rare part to someone that needed and gladly cut out the middle man. I found my parts for $500 cheaper.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I heard he is VERY expensive

Old 07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

you aint kidding........ he's looking for some items for me I hit the floor with the price....BUT if hes got it what can i do??????

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP THOUGH GUYS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWEETJUDGE soon to be SWEETBROKE!

Old 07-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Senior Chief

I've picked up a few parts from him in the past. He is a little on the high side, but has most anything you might need.
Stu

Old 07-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Guys, we are in the era of a 10K NOS hood. You pay for what you absolutely have to have, and Barry knows that when you call him you have exhausted your options of a cheap score. Been there myself....

Old 07-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273
Guys, we are in the era of a 10K NOS hood. You pay for what you absolutely have to have, and Barry knows that when you call him you have exhausted your options of a cheap score. Been there myself....
THATS THE FACT JACK!

Barry is nobodies fool and is the king of selling before you buy. He is aware of his reputation and actually uses it to his advantage. Best of luck, you're going to need it.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Get any prices in writing cause by the time you get the parts the cost will have risen a lot. Been there done that. Jim

Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 PM

Default sonic was fair 2 years ago

He must of caught up with the times. Last time I used him was 2 years ago and he was more than fair. He had nos door edge for 70 gto $225 . I also only ordered rear wheel trim for a 70 .I thought his price was great for the rear set , but he sent me the front too. Called him back and he said that was the only way he sold them. I put the front on ebay,and they sold for more than I paid him for all four.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEETJUDGE
you aint kidding........ he's looking for some items for me I hit the floor with the price....BUT if hes got it what can i do??????

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP THOUGH GUYS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWEETJUDGE soon to be SWEETBROKE!
So what was his price in RA IV parts? Or was it a rear you were looking for?

Three yrs ago he wanted $650 for a GTO trunklid--over three yrs ago. Hardly a rare part I bought a car for $450, parted it out for $2250 and kept the rustfree lemans lid.

How much were the wheel well moldings you bought from him mrgoats?

Old 07-28-2007, 05:48 AM

I've known Barry for several years. He is usually the high price leader, but if you factor in your time looking for the part it may not be such a bad deal. He's always been very polite and generally pays your price for parts you are selling without question.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockec
I've known Barry for several years. He is usually the high price leader, but if you factor in your time looking for the part it may not be such a bad deal. He's always been very polite and generally pays your price for parts you are selling without question.
Dealiing with Barry is like dealing with the devil except you know you are going to get fu**ed when you first call him. Lowest of the low in my opinion

Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeeeeez............... tough crowd i hope hes NOT a member here

The hunt is half the fun but when you exhaust all your resources.......

ITS SOMETIMES CHEAPER TO SPEND MORE

Old 07-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockec

Remember his 'partner in crime'. charles? LOL!!!!! She was pricing his parts higher than him!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 07-28-2007, 12:45 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

You bunch of freakin wine bags, don't call him if you don't like it.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Sonic Motors

Sold alot of stuff to him over the years. This is how he makes his living. Puts out alot of money for parts that he might have to sit on to find a buyer! Has always treated me fair if I needed somthing. If you can't find it elsewhere and you need it he's probably got it. Very straight up guy!

Lyn.

'72 Lemans 2dr. 20,000 mile car [sold]
'73 Grandville backhalfed Drag Car
'73 Grand Am 400 4-speed
'74 Lemans Sport Coupe-4800 original miles
Old 07-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy66cars
Sold alot of stuff to him over the years. This is how he makes his living. Puts out alot of money for parts that he might have to sit on to find a buyer! Has always treated me fair if I needed somthing. If you can't find it elsewhere and you need it he's probably got it. Very straight up guy!

Lyn.
Oh....that makes it ok...I was one of those "in need for a part that no one had" People and had resorted to Barry as a last resort for a "Complete" quarter window assembly. First of all he charged me double for it and sent just the glass without any of the surround chrome. I guess his education prevented him from understanding what "complete" ment.

In any case, the glass was useless without the surrounds. I called him and at which point, he proceeed to tell me what the investment would be for the surrounds. We agreed to send back the glass and he reimbursed all but a 25% restocking fee. At this point, I was a heartbeat away from sending two on my collectors down there to teach him a lesson about business, but convinced him otherwise to reconsider. Long story short, I got all of my money back including the return shipping charges with a written heartfelt apoligy. Some of you may not be as lucky.