Old 05-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Senior Chief

Default Is the '63 "wedge car" still in Tucson??

Okay, around 1998 or so, there was an elder gentleman in Tucson, Az. that had modified his '63 v8 Lemans into an awkward yet interesting "wedge-shaped" car. It was basically an aluminum paneled door wedge, but the panels could reveal the drivetrain of the tempest. Just curious if any of our Arizona natives know if this car is still around and/or if the owner ever reconstructed it back into the lemans structure. I talked with him during a POCI show in Reid Park. There was a '62 krylon painted red and white 4-door on a trailer there at the time as well. Just curious of the whereabouts. Thanks!!

Old 05-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I saw it a few years ago here, I think. I remember the car. I think the owner was a POCI member, but I've not kept up with the local club in recent years. It was interesting, I'll say that. It may have been featured in the national POCI publication a few years back or maybe in the AZ Daily Star.

Jim

Old 06-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Senior Chief

Default Good, I'm not losing my mind!! LOL

Thank you for the reply twooldgoats, for a little while there, I thought I had imagined the whole thing, with the heat wave in arizona and all. Guess I had imagined that it would have made more public appearances and had become more well-known.