Old 08-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Bought another 78 lol...

I went to Florida a couple weeks ago. Just got back the other day. While I was there I found a black '78 hardtop for sale. Car was originally white with red interior but someone painted it black and put a black interior in it at some point. Decent paint but rust bubbles are popping through in the usual areas. Has gold '79 birds on it and wheels off of a 85 Grand National, I had a set of restored 15x7 snowflakes and actually just got home from having some Uniroyals installed. Runs and drives pretty good. Has newer dual exhaust but factory style mufflers and chrome straight angled tips are on it. While I was there I dropped by an exhaust wholesaler I dealt with when I lived there. Picked up some nice splitter tips and set of 40 series flows. I'll put everything on when I get it here. The shipper is supposed to pick it up on Thursday and deliver it on Friday. Fingers crossed. I'll post pics when I get the new wheels on it.

Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonneville Joe View Post
I'll post pics when I get the new wheels on it.
Let us see a before and after.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is a pic I took of it right before I left for the airport. The shipper is supposed to pick it up in the morning for a Friday delivery or Friday for a Saturday delivery. Fingers crossed, I'm itching to get it up here so I can start playing with it haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	78hardtop.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	139692  

Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Little update, the car was picked up finally yesterday afternoon and I'm supposed to have it around lunchtime today. It sat through TS Faye down there. I woke up to CNN saying a Tornado went through the town where it was parked. I called my friend and he said the tornado hit about a mile from his house. Sheesh...... Anyways, I'll post some pics tonight after I get the snowflakes on it and it gets a wash..