The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Window fuzzies

Posted previously on the 66-67 forum but no results so thought I would post here.

Nearing completion of the total restoration on my 67. Bought a new set of weatherstrip fuzzies several years ago and am somewhat baffled about the proper installation of the outside ones that attach to the belt line molding. (instructions, if they ever existed are long gone) The originals appear to have a metal frame that connects to the belt line molding with tangs. The new ones only have screw holes in 3 locations and no tangs that attach to the molding. The screw holes do line up with the belt line pieces and the fuzzies are the proper length. Question is, do the new ones get glued to the original frame (which would make them thicker than the originals) or do they connect to the molding using only the screws and maybe 3m black weatherstrip glue Or do I have the wrong pieces?

Old 10-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Suspended

those replacements you got would get attached with only screws. other brands have tangs.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the reply. That's what I suspected.