Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Default Flat vs tube monitors

Are the flat screens better on the eyes then the old tube style screens? This old tube screen works on my eyes after awhile.

Thank you,
Jeff

Old 03-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Senior Chief

Get a flat screen. Since they are shorter in depth, you will be able to move them farther away from your eyes and reduce the strain.

Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH 64 View Post
Are the flat screens better on the eyes then the old tube style screens? This old tube screen works on my eyes after awhile.

Thank you,
Jeff
Could be that you have the brightness turned up too high.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The LCD screens don't generate the heat CRTs do. CRTs take a lot of power to run, thus the heat. And your light bill will be less. Plus they don't emit the harmful radiation CRTs do, which is better for your eyes too.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
The LCD screens don't generate the heat CRTs do. CRTs take a lot of power to run, thus the heat. And your light bill will be less. Plus they don't emit the harmful radiation CRTs do, which is better for your eyes too.
And we all watched them when we were growing up right? It is all about the money.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
And we all watched them when we were growing up right? It is all about the money. My son broke the part where your cable hooks to, Came in wanting a new 42 inch flait one for around 4-5 hundred, I told him i could fix his this was sunday i found the part to fix his old one that has a great pitcher on it, My son is pised at me now.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

Make sure you get a LCD with 120 HZ technology. It eliminates the frame by frame distortions and shadows left behind from movement. That might be what you are seeing.
We just bought a 47" LCD 1080 Vizio from B.J.'s and were drilled on this stuff by the manager. You can clearly see the difference, 120 HZ.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 03-14-2009, 02:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Definitely easier on MY eyes. 8 hours on a 17" CRT used to kill my eyes. Now I spend 12-14 hours on multiple LCDs and don't have nearly the issues.

I could never go back to a flickering CRT after using a nice, smooth LCD.