Old 06-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Senior Chief

Hi guys!

Thanks for all your positive response!
It's on; I paid for the tickets.
So far I've put several points of interest on my list;
The Henry Ford Museum - Dearborn Mi
The Royal Oak - Woodward area (dunno if there's anything going on there, but at least I can say I've been there, although 40 years too late!!!)
The R.E. Olds museum in Lansing, MI
The Gilmore museum sounds great too.
Then south to Auburn, several museums there too.

Are there any interesting classic car dealers and classic junk yards in that area?
Any Pontiac / GTO / musclecar related idea's are appreciated.
I even got a thing about old (Mack) trucks. Don't know if they can be found in that area.

Overuld; as soon as I get there I'll get myself a US cell number and we can arrange something. I'll keep you up on that beer!

gtoguy67; thanks for the advice on Miller lane, Vandalia. I'll look into that.
If I get to Dayton on the monday or tuesday before the show maybe we can hook up then and talk Poncho.

humbler; I also saw the Goodguys show in Columbus listed. Hemmings listed it a week earlier which would have been really great for me!! Unfortunately it's the same weekend as the co-vention. As they are pretty much done saterdaynight I think I'll head on up to Columbus for a Goodguys Rod run sunday.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Erik

'71 LeMans Woody Wagon 400/350 patina project
1975 Grand Am 400 factory sunroof project car
Old 06-17-2009, 06:48 PM

Location: Hickory Corners, Michigan - Home Of the Gilmore Car Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Mine is not a judge, just a 4spd AC car but I'd still love to see how yours turns out. My wheels will be the last thing to do also. Will there be tags on the cars with the owners names so I'll know for sure which car is which and belongs to whom?
Look for the Pepper Green Judge from Hickory Corners. I believe that there will be a card on the windshield. I owe you a beer from an earlier exchange - you checked out firewall paint color with Paul at Fast for me. See you in Dayton!

AA/BFSS Record on the Ohio Mile: 218.484 mph
Next event: Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge in April 2013
Old 06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Senior Chief

Give me a call 937-478-5061 Don O. I would be happy to bring my goat out for a while. I just started it for the first time this year tonight, I need a positive battery cable for a 67 HO if any one has one ??? PY shows that they are out of them

Old 06-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I am planning to be there, I start the 5 day travel process of taking leave from Afghanistan to do this on the 28th. don't have the logistical plan to haul either my 71 gt-37 or the 70 Judge out with us, it was just too much with the travel variables and having 2 small kids. I hope to see some people I know from New England out there. Was a major accomplishment just to get a leave date at the right time and then plan in a short time the trip itself. Mark

71 GT-37:usa2
71 T/A WHT AUTO
71 T/A LB 4SPD
72 T/A WHT 4spd
74 SD T/A Admiralty Blue Auto
others that reside in the barn too
Old 06-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikgto View Post
Hi guys!

Thanks for all your positive response!
It's on; I paid for the tickets.
So far I've put several points of interest on my list;
The Henry Ford Museum - Dearborn Mi
The Royal Oak - Woodward area (dunno if there's anything going on there, but at least I can say I've been there, although 40 years too late!!!)
The R.E. Olds museum in Lansing, MI
The Gilmore museum sounds great too.
Then south to Auburn, several museums there too.

Are there any interesting classic car dealers and classic junk yards in that area?
Any Pontiac / GTO / musclecar related idea's are appreciated.
I even got a thing about old (Mack) trucks. Don't know if they can be found in that area.

Overuld; as soon as I get there I'll get myself a US cell number and we can arrange something. I'll keep you up on that beer!

gtoguy67; thanks for the advice on Miller lane, Vandalia. I'll look into that.
If I get to Dayton on the monday or tuesday before the show maybe we can hook up then and talk Poncho.

humbler; I also saw the Goodguys show in Columbus listed. Hemmings listed it a week earlier which would have been really great for me!! Unfortunately it's the same weekend as the co-vention. As they are pretty much done saterdaynight I think I'll head on up to Columbus for a Goodguys Rod run sunday.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Erik
You can check http://gtoaco.com/forum/index.php and http://www.thehumbler.net for other local Columbus happenings.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIVJUMB View Post
I am planning to be there, I start the 5 day travel process of taking leave from Afghanistan to do this on the 28th. don't have the logistical plan to haul either my 71 gt-37 or the 70 Judge out with us, it was just too much with the travel variables and having 2 small kids. I hope to see some people I know from New England out there. Was a major accomplishment just to get a leave date at the right time and then plan in a short time the trip itself. Mark

Mark:
Glad you are going to be able to make it, and thanks for serving your Country

BJ

Old 06-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoguy1967 View Post
Give me a call 937-478-5061 Don O. I would be happy to bring my goat out for a while. I just started it for the first time this year tonight, I need a positive battery cable for a 67 HO if any one has one ??? PY shows that they are out of them
Give M&H a call direct about the battery cable. They are the manufacturer. They will also sell the cables separately, you don't have to buy the pair.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks Jerry

Old 06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh . . . how I do wish I could be there, guys. Business and family obligations plus a serious lack of cash have caused me to cancel plans I made last July.

Y'all have fun, stay cool, and I wanna see lots of pics!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 06-19-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIVJUMB View Post
THanks for your service first of all.

YOU should get the long distance travel award for attending.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default my great trek

Well I have to say it has taken a bunch of work to pull this off. I have to catch a ride with a route patrol to the AP here, catch a flight to another AP here, fly to Kuwait, fly to Atlanta, Fly home, fly to the convention. Oh and plan all of the vacation type stuff from here on rally slow internet (hey at least I have it though many don't). I wish I could drive my car there but with the jetlag and stress of all that is going on here probably would not be a good idea. I have not exercised any of my cars in 7-9 months so probably asking for problems. The wife weighed in and said 12+ hours in a car with no A/C and a 5 and 8 year old, no thanks we are flying. That said I have to figure out who is driving from MA. that might be able to bring back some door pannels for me?

71 T/A WHT AUTO
71 T/A LB 4SPD
72 T/A WHT 4spd
Old 06-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Senior Chief

Yes, Jerry and BJ I plan on going. Was going to take the 69 ram air iv judge but it won't be ready in time so I'm taking the blue 71 judge. I have not decided if I will stay in a Inn or take the motor home. I plane on leaving either Tues or Weds morning.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUILTY,HO View Post
Yes, Jerry and BJ I plan on going. Was going to take the 69 ram air iv judge but it won't be ready in time so I'm taking the blue 71 judge. I have not decided if I will stay in a Inn or take the motor home. I plane on leaving either Tues or Weds morning.
Sounds good. We're leaving very early Wednesday morning, hoping to arrive a little after lunch.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Senior Chief

Hey Mark,

And I though I was going long distance; Netherlands, Europe - Michigan/Ohio
You're beating the #%^%$#@ out of me.
Now you're the nominee for the long distance award!! Afghanistan - Ohio

See ya,

Erik

'71 LeMans Woody Wagon 400/350 patina project
1975 Grand Am 400 factory sunroof project car
Old 06-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Erik I completely forgot the 1-2 stops in Europe along the way, seems every time they change where we stop. Still traveling for 5 or so days is not a whole lot of fun. Still i am looking forward to relaxing a bit and traveling with the family and meeting alot of pontiac people there. Oh yeah I guess I have you beat by a few miles anyhow. Mark

71 T/A WHT AUTO
71 T/A LB 4SPD
72 T/A WHT 4spd
Old 06-21-2009, 02:34 PM

Anyone else doing the motorhome thing? I am thinking about coming but will have dog with us and would like to bring the RV if there is a good place to stay close by?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Senior Chief

Looks like after allot of work that I am going to make it with two cars,

My 16 year old son has saved his money for gas and is driving my 71 GTO! We took it to Gretna Neb last august which is over a 125 miles one way with him driving there and back so im feeling good about him driving the car. Should be a trip to remember and who knows might just make him develope a love for the cars beyond what just looking at them can do. We will have 6 cars in our caravan and plenty of riders.

Sorry to hear you arent able to make it Llyod but i do understand those money/time issues.

Tim

Old 06-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATFF71 View Post
Looks like after allot of work that I am going to make it with two cars,

My 16 year old son has saved his money for gas and is driving my 71 GTO! We took it to Gretna Neb last august which is over a 125 miles one way with him driving there and back so im feeling good about him driving the car. Should be a trip to remember and who knows might just make him develope a love for the cars beyond what just looking at them can do. We will have 6 cars in our caravan and plenty of riders.

Sorry to hear you arent able to make it Llyod but i do understand those money/time issues.

Tim
Hey Tim:

Y'all have a great time, be safe, and send me some pics if you don't mind.

Take care, my friend.

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 06-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Tim,

Sounds great! What car are you driving? I might get to do a drive in/out on Wednesday.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Senior Chief

Mike,

If all goes well and it looks like right now it is, I will be trailering my Judge out to Dayton, Its been a long haul this past month but im finally where i think it will make it. You will have to let me know what day you think you will be around, Ill drop you an e-mail with my cell phone number.

Not bringing a car down??

Tim