Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Senior Chief

The fuel pressure should not be dropping like that during the pass and could also be from the pump heating up because of the smaller return line. With our HR220 which is a smaller pump then the one you have it is a must that a -10 return line is used or as someone else mentioned you lose control over the regulator. I would get the return line issue corrected frist before making too many more changes on the carb because you may get too far off base with what the carb really needs.

Keep in mind every engine will be different as well as the signal and what calibrations work on one application may not on another.

Your numbers looks similar to some of the 2 circuit stuff we have been doing but there are some small differences. On our 1090 Kings the jetting is 86/94 with a 3.5 pv in the front and the pvcr are .093. If the car starts going lean in the mid range the pvcr's can be opened up for more fuel in this area but it is doesn't occur until wot then other changes would need to be made. Our baseline also uses .029 for the hsab and .070 for the iab and the feed restrictors are .037 .

Technical Support

Barry Grant, Inc.

BG Fuel System, Demon Carburetors, Nitrous Works, Rush Filters

www.barrygrant.com
Old 09-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

BG tech, Could you contact me - I'm going over/blueprinting a race demon for a job here and need some parts - Thanks!!

Paul

Paul@spottsperformance.com

215-362-2336

East Coast Pontiac engine builder - still going strong
4 month waiting list
email spotfam@verizon.net

1981 Trans Am 455 w/6X heads 4 speed 4 wheel disc (for sale)
1969 Trans Am clone 9.79 at 139 so far
1964 Banshee clone project - Opel GT platform
Old 09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just replaced the return line yesterday. The fuel pressure dropped to 3-1/2 psi by replacing the #8 line with a #10. Before the pressure would rise when I started the car due the voltage increase from the alternator. Now it stays the same when the car starts. I was trying to use what I had laying around with the #8 return. Lesson learned. I made up some .020" high speed air bleeds I may try when I can make it to the track again. I still think I can get this thing into the 30's with some luck.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...out/index.html
86 Grand Prix
535 High Port 8.93 @ 153
65 GTO
433 High Port 12.04 @ 113