Old 09-02-2009, 04:52 PM

Default '63 into '62, 326 powerglide and suspension swap.

Hey everybody,

I'm planning on swapping a 326 and all the running gear from a '63 auto car into my '62 4-cyl auto car. I already have the motor, and I'm hoping to have the front crossmember, transaxle and rear suspension, as well as the torque tube/rope shaft very soon. What kind of pitfalls am I looking at with this project?

Thanks,
Ryan

Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Main thing you will have to do is retain the 62 rear suspension. The 63 rear suspension "A" arm pivots off of the transaxle & the uni-body. These points are not available on the 62. I see no reason the transaxle cannot be hung off of the 62 crossmember & retain the 62 suspension. I dont know if the front crossmember has the same mount points but a good chance it does.

POCI.org
Old 09-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think the 63 rearend is widther at the axler! You will need to check your offset and tire clearness.