Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Curt,

The five stage pump in included in the price.

Price is A LOT. But look what you get.

Scott, Most people use a accusump system.

Just put this on you Christmas list.

Quickest, Fastest, Best selling Pontiac Aftermarket Block IA II and Tiger Heads

Boss Bird Funny Car
Best pass to date 08/06/2016 6.027@231.64
Allpontiac Big Chief Aluminum Engine Block

http://www.AllPontiac.com
Old 10-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There should be a sticked on the side that says: Not for the weak at heart. Someone trying to run in the 6's at over 200 MPH would be the kind of racer needing this product. You are right, most would just look and awe at it.

But how many years ago were the Pontiac crowd bitching where are the high end race parts? Look at what the IA II block has caused, a small industry of parts.

We applied to the Federal Government for a grant to research the cost savings of a dry sump oiling system to save gas. So by chance we thought that Oil Pan for a Pontiac motor would be a nice example. So we got a letter from the environmental czar approving our grant for 2.4 Million dollars. Thanks Obama.

Just Kidding

Boss Bird Funny Car

Old 10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And Bob - "some" people use an accusump - the pan is real cool - but most of the other stuff that go's with a dry sump is still needed - either way - so the cost of the pan is important - if a steffs or any other pan is 700 or 800 bucks - and yours is -- 4000 grand - one needs to take that into consideration - we all dont get that grant money.- LOL

Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They look like a work of art to me.
But what would it take to build/engineer a Pontiac block with a priority main/BBC oiling system.
The IA2 and MR1 both have a have a Pontiac or small block Mopar oiling system. Why couldnt they have been built with a better oiling system from the start.
It would be nice just to be able to buy a IA2 with priority main oiling and Tigers with the 8 extra 7/16 head bolts per side as a package. Maybe move the bores around a bit and get the bore spacing up as much as you can in the middle bores within the confines of a IA2 and the Tigers. Sort of like what Lynn has been doing with his stuff.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob...what kind of a trade in would you give me for my Titan oil pump and Billit Fabrication oil pan??

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That is SWEET!!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 03:31 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
And Bob... yours is -- 4000 grand... we all dont get that grant money...
Next time Bob C says "costs a LOT" I'll have more respect for his words. The grant only covers 2,400 grand, so I guess Bob has a net outlay of 1,600 grand? Wow- $1.6 million- is that per pan? Better get to know a good grant-application writer, Bob!

Is the fuel-efficiency-from-drysump idea showing much promise? My drysump'd engine only made 300 feet on about a gallon of alky, so I didn't bother with the grant requests...

Some of us have a good grasp of the magnitude of chips created. And shade-tree guys (who, me?) don't let numeric-control deprive them of the joys of being up to their ankles in chips. [Translation: I'd love to have a CNC mill but could never justify the expense]

... or has a Pontiac born the same year as Jim Wangers? (1926}
Old 10-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

very nice. I wish someone would make a cast aluminum pan for a stock motor.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jack, When you were young Aluminum was just invented. And Milling machines were powered by a water wheel.

You can thank Warren Johnson for this design.

Look guys we know that this pan cost a lot and do not expect the average racer to buy one. But they are available for your review. The R/D at Allpontiac will never stop. By make this pan a lot of things were learned. We will have a dyno session to compare the power gains on this to the wet pan were are using now.

All we ask is for the Pontiac racers to support the vendors that make innovations in the Pontiac community and not so much as the Big retailers like Jegs and Summit who bring nothing to the Pontiac racer pocket book in sponsor ships. AllPontiac gives a lot of time and money back in sponsor ships. Just remember that when we are a few dollars higher then the big guys.

Boss Bird Funny Car

Old 10-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. View Post
All we ask is for the Pontiac racers to support the vendors that make innovations in the Pontiac community and not so much as the Big retailers like Jegs and Summit who bring nothing to the Pontiac racer pocket book in sponsor ships. AllPontiac gives a lot of time and money back in sponsor ships. Just remember that when we are a few dollars higher then the big guys.

Well stated.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That pan has got to be one of the best reason I've ever seen to recycle beer cans.

I'll start on my pan this evening

Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

"All we ask is for the Pontiac racers to support the vendors that make innovations in the Pontiac community and not so much as the Big retailers like Jegs and Summit who bring nothing to the Pontiac racer pocket book in sponsor ships. AllPontiac gives a lot of time and money back in sponsor ships. Just remember that when we are a few dollars higher then the big guys."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post

Well stated.

times 2! Support Pontiac vendors First. They are the ones supporting this hobby and these events. It is wise to spend with them over the generic vendors.

Steve
Hosting-
Pontiac/Buick/Olds FALL FEST Sat Nov 28, 2009 Phoenix
www.pbofallfest.org
12th annual Pontiac Heaven April 8-11, 2010 Phoenix
www.pontiacheaven.org
8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! April 11, 2010 Phoenix
www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 10-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

RobC, does that 'pan cost more than $20? If so that's me out. However,if you want to send one over to me to evaluate I would be happy to oblige,especially since fuel over here costs a small fortune,I could do with the mpg savings.
Seriously though,you,and all the other guys in the Pontiac race parts industry have worked wonders,some of my'other make' mates just can't believe what is available for the 30 year obsolete Pontiac motor. And I do support you Pontiac vendors where I can,although I buy my chassis stuff/tyres from Summit,I have used the services of AllPontiac,Pontiacdude,GTOfreek for my engine needs.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff2 View Post
some of my'other make' mates just can't believe what is available for the 30 year obsolete Pontiac motor.
Speaking of.....when are you guys doing a block for the 394 Olds?

Old 10-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default PontiOlds Block

Scott,

We have done two all ready. They went to a well know Old racer. He is running them with the Mondello Heads. So far no problems. It's called a Pontiolds. Same bore spacing as our Pontiac but the decks on the driver side are back and the Passenger side is forward. Opposite of the Pontiac. With a BOP front plate, know one would know it is a Pontiac with a sheet metal intake and Olds heads.

Boss Bird Funny Car

Old 10-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow! Very Nice Piece! I need one for my 537!

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 10-24-2009, 02:51 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
... the decks on the driver side are back and the Passenger side is forward. Opposite of the Pontiac...
Umm, Bob.... you been spending too much time looking at blocks upside-down on engine stands or sumthin'???

... or has a Pontiac born the same year as Jim Wangers? (1926}
Old 10-24-2009, 05:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Scott,

We have done two all ready. They went to a well know Old racer. He is running them with the Mondello Heads. So far no problems. It's called a Pontiolds. Same bore spacing as our Pontiac but the decks on the driver side are back and the Passenger side is forward. Opposite of the Pontiac. With a BOP front plate, know one would know it is a Pontiac with a sheet metal intake and Olds heads.
That's a late Olds. Mondello heads.

I'm talking about a '64 and earlier 394.

The heads look like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
That's a late Olds. Mondello heads.

I'm talking about a '64 and earlier 394.

The heads look like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Holy crap they're making heads for the 394 now, who would have thought that. I just found they also make an adapter for a th400 to get rid of the slimjim tranny Glad I kept on to my 63 Starfire:

Old 10-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Yeah, the guy doing those heads is a friend of mine and a wealthy man. He's also a very talented designer who's just doing the project for fun. Lacy & Morse is the intersection where he lives.

I sold an oddball '63 Olds 98 last year when it became painfully evident that I'd never get to it. Dusty rose color. Bucket seats with a console.

I kept the worthless '62 Super 88 4 door because I like the color.