Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-25-2009, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My brother had a 62 or 64 Super 88......weird speedo....used mercury I think....

Old 10-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO View Post
My brother had a 62 or 64 Super 88......weird speedo....used mercury I think....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0764.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	185451   Click image for larger version

Name:	88 left side.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	185452  

Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
Yeah, the guy doing those heads is a friend of mine and a wealthy man. He's also a very talented designer who's just doing the project for fun. Lacy & Morse is the intersection where he lives.
A designer and he doesn't even have a web site with his products? I googled Ross Racing Engines and all I get is Ross fuggin pistons. That and the lacy&morse thing tells me your buddy must be the coolest guy ever.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yup.....it changes colors right? His was a 2dr.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch injun View Post
A designer and he doesn't even have a web site with his products? I googled Ross Racing Engines and all I get is Ross fuggin pistons. That and the lacy&morse thing tells me your buddy must be the coolest guy ever.
Hey, D.H. :

I didn't say he was a designer of engine parts, did I?

Furthermore, I didn't say he was the marketer of the product, did I?

Call Ross Racing Engines if you're more interested in the heads and less interested in being a jerkoff.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:21 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Rereading my last post I understand you took it wrong. Probably the reason for not having a website is the guy does it for the fun of it, and doesn't need to get rich (like you can with the huge 394 market . I know his products are top notch and he has a good rep. I am no tire kicker. He will be getting my business, not on the heads but the adapter since I want my car to be a nice cruizin land yacht. And the name is really funny.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

2. Blower cars have no use for belt drives. Can you do one without requiring that it employ a belt drive?

Depends on what you are building. I have a Crower billet crank with a BBC snout on my blown alcohol engine. Wade machined the lower pulley to work in my application...No one else stepped up to do it. In retrospect, it was the smartest move I made. I am in the process now of machining the cam sprocket to accept a drive hub for the fuel pump ( I ran a belt drive to the pump before). I can point you to several other companies who make drive components for other engines using a belt drive for the cam timing and blown alcohol/cam driven pump. I don't think using Top Fuel as an example is a justified response that blown engines don't have a reason for a belt drive. The fact that they employed the provisions for the BOP drive in the pan FIRST, again shows that this is not a part for everyone. Its designed for certain applications that require that NEED (like Top Fuel,lol)

I need a dry sump system. I will be purchasing one for the altered I am building. Thank goodness for the o-rings too! Nice job guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine_2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	186256  

6.0 cert. Fiat bodied altered blown alcohol Pontiac IAII-Sold
Old 11-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

I'm talking about blower cars that make a lot of hp: Top Alcohol, Pro Mod, etc.

How many Top Alcohol motors use a belt drive instead of a gear drive?

And why?