THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Senior Chief

Angry

It's probably like the photo enforcement BS. Just another way to make money.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Didnt your dog bite someone this year....in that back yard area?

I recall something about that.

Were there City employees on your property investigating that incident?

Old 12-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep!! Dog did tear up an illegal. Had a couple of police investigators in the back yard but that was some time ago. The civil citation has a date of nov 30th as the inspection date. I think it is like has been mentioned, trying to generate $$$$$$ for the city. In the last month, the PD has put a bunch of photo radar vans on city streets. Lots of people getting cited for 3-5 mph over the limit.

I dont think the neighbors said anything. House on one side is empty, house on other side & both behind me are filled with illegals, no habla english!

POCI.org
Old 12-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Senior Chief

Images of the tarp Chech and Chong used of a swiming pool to hide their crop in one of their movies comes to mind. Man this sucks. Az is running out of money and there are finding ways to generate money. Somebody needs to pay for the illegals to get "free" medical care in this state. About the speed camera's in AZ, I thought they mentioned that they were set to go off at 10 over. I would not doubt it that every city and the state will have different trigger speeds eventually, get you used to one thing then change it. Just an other way to get into your wallet.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 AM

When I go to car shows there is usally a guy with novelty license plates of which ever state your in,my case New York.I have him make me a set of plates.Then I photograph the registration and inspection stickers on my "good' car-print them out.Attach to windshield,put plates on car.
The cars look legal,no one ever picked up on it-code enforcers aren't too smart!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

lol.....smooth move. I love it. You know, as long as you don't drive it on the street, I'll bet you never get caught out either. Nice one.

1960 Laurentian 283
1963 Laurentian 283
1976 Trans Am 400
1977 Trans Am 400
1951 Chieftain Flat head 6
1967 Firebird 400 convertible
1967 Firebird 400 coupe
1979 Trans Am 403
1971 Formula 455 (clone)
1969 Firebird 350
1968 Firebird 428 manual.
Sydney, Australia
Old 12-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Gee, you guys have some crappy laws.....I'm not "supposed" to park an unregistered vehicle in the street, but unless I do the wrong thing by my neighbours and leave one there for a long time, I've never had an issue leaving one in front of my house for a few days - even a week or two. Theres certainly no laws about how many cars you can keep on your property and if you can work on them or not.
I sure hope these looney tunes laws don't catch on around here.

1960 Laurentian 283
1963 Laurentian 283
1976 Trans Am 400
1977 Trans Am 400
1951 Chieftain Flat head 6
1967 Firebird 400 convertible
1967 Firebird 400 coupe
1979 Trans Am 403
1971 Formula 455 (clone)
1969 Firebird 350
1968 Firebird 428 manual.
Sydney, Australia
Old 12-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Senior Chief

City came to my door once and told me I could not have a tarp over my car, It was a eye sore, I said there is a plate and the car and lift the tarp and she put the plate on the outside of the tarp, I SAID NO!!!! you pay for the tarp and I'll put the plate on the outsid elike you wish till then NO and I'm not taking the tarp off, Show me the LAW for no tarp, she said there was none, I said Have a nice day and to get off my land, have not seen her since and that was 3 years ago.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to AROWHED

Amazing....you can carry a gun there legally, but you can't keep your bought and paid for property in your own yard. What is this Nation coming to?

Old 12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just got off the phone with the city neighborhood preservation officer. Basically it was see ya in court!!!

Matt, The radar cameras on the interstates are set for 10 over the limit. This is a bunch of radar vans for the city of Phoenix. They are all over the west side of Phx. Small white mini vans with flash lamps & cameras.

POCI.org
Old 12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What basis is this breaking their law or violating the regs?

Does it say "eyesore or danger to public" or some wording that states why it is a problem?

If your stuff is out of sight from all angles and they have never had a complaint...., I dont see what grounds they have(?)

If they say the problem is: junk cars or junk yard...these are not, they are "valuable collector cars" you work on as a hobby.

Do you list these on your property taxes or even have to list as property ?

This is an example of municipalaties that cant balance their budget unless they start fleecing the citizens/residents with laws and regs like this.

Its about making up the budget defecit from Feds and State.

I expect more of this stupidity to follow as they look for money to run the cities.

Jeff

Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Aren't you allowed to face your accusor? Isn't that a law, or does it not apply in this case?

Old 12-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you know any others that have been cited? If so get together and hire a lawyer!

Old 12-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

here they will ignore a unregistered car if its out of view from the public,,,unless someone complains about it.then you have to move it or get it legal

Old 12-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its only a matter of time for me.
Have 3 unregistered cars that havnt moved in 3 yrs.
Been lucky so far.
Great nieghbors. Some cops know me.
My nieghbor right across the street got tag'd a few years ago, and it was backed all te way up to the garage door.
Would of had to wedge in there to see a plate.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 12-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Even though you make the house/property payments and you pay your taxes yearly the politicians think that they can tell you what to do with your own property. Pure bull as far as I'm concerned but the citizens have no say or rights these days as to what they can or cannot do on or with their own property. Ask the city idiots if they would rather you have cars on your own property or should you start raising ? They may call you a smarta## and lack the common sense to give you a sensible answer but in some ways it would be the same as asking them if they wanted to take over the payments then they could do as they d@mn well please.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry somehow raising hogs got deleted while typing.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can you move the cars to the front yard? This really sucks, can't they use all the aerial technology to catch dope smugglers or illegals?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Suspended

We're not allowed to park a car on our front yard. I wash my cars on the front yard, and I'm sure some people here get pithed when they see it. Every time I go to a neighborhood association meeting there's someone complaining that so-and-so leaves his trash cans by the street longer than he's supposed to.

GET READY! There's something called the Uniform Property Something SOMETHING that is being pushed like global warming taxes are which will dictate that your grass can't have a bare patch or be higher than 6 inches, etc. It's a tax system to fund an international group.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Mr C. "Dolly" is ready. Let me know when you need her.

Steve

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11