Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM

Default d port

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
D Port
thanks

Old 12-11-2009, 04:50 PM

Bought my Doug's ('70 GTO, D port) 3 years ago. I was not happy with the fitment and coating for $600. Had to trim lower A arm on passenger side, one pipe is against the block and have to use small Caddy oil filter. Driver side is nearly touching the engine cross member. Ground clearance is good though, but centering of pipes with the trans cross member humps could be better. Coating is not holding up as I had hoped.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I put a set of Hedman Shorty headers on my68 GTO. Plenty of room for oil filter, clutch linkage,and starter. Sorta hard to install. A couple of center bolts just about impossible to get 3/8 wrench or socket on.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Remember, Dougs is now owned by Pertronix, not Dougs. Mine are crap and I won't buy another set. Ask those who praise Dougs when they bought them, before or after the takeover/buyout...

Old 12-23-2009, 03:20 AM

Just installed a set of Hedmans on a 70 Formula, Driver side header had to install with the motor, clears everything fine. Right side fell in after engine installed with oil filter adapter removed. I did have to make room (small dent on back side) for one header bolt on the right side middle tube. The tube would not allow the bolt to line up with the hole. Lots of ground clearance, and sit close enough to the floor I can't completely rotate the collector flange.