Old 01-17-2010, 09:41 PM

Default Spaced out

Has anyone had any experience with the aftermarket rear wheel spacers? Since I removed the post 67 rear and put in a correct 65 rear (1" narrower) I am getting some rear wheel chaffing going around corners at anything above15 - 20 mph. It has new rear coils and new control arm bushings so I doubt it is excess body roll caused by weak suspension. Tires are 235 70 15s (yes taller than normal). Jegs has wheel spacers that go between the drum and the wheel, but I'm concerned that might compromise the strength of the lug nuts. She's putting down 400hp at the rear wheels, and I'm not keen on parting with my wheels amid a holeshot. Any ideas?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:55 PM

I used them on a 1978 pro street camaro that I own and have never had any problems. the car has a trans brake and a 5000 stall cnverter with a 250 shot of NOS. I run a 33x 18.5 x 15 et street tires. I would just look and see that you have enough of the wheel stud connecting to the lug nut, that would be my only concern. I used longer studs and the lug nuts that are open on the end because of the wheel that I am running, but it makes it easy to see where the stud is at with the lug nut. I dont think you will have any problems as long as the studs are long enough.

Mike

Old 01-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you don't already have a rear sway bar you might want to try that first.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default spacing

Sounds like clutches in posi. unit binding up. Try change fluid, use positraction type.

also you know the axles will not interchange . (Different length)