Old 04-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Senior Chief

Default Backspacing with a 15 x 8 wheel?

I just got back from picking up a very nice LIGHT set of Convo Pro centerlines, I bought them from the guy because they were very cheap and I traveled a ways to get them. The ad said they were 4.5 backspacing which from what I've read but from the measurement I took they look a lot more like 4 inch. They come off and 80's 2wd s10 blazer. Tires are BFG 235/60/15 TA's, I hope that at worst maybe they will work in the back and get smaller fronts.

Will the 15 x 8 with 4 inch backspacing work without sticking out too much? Or do I need to try to find someone to sell them to?

Bobby

Old 04-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just for clarification purposes, backspacing and offset are not the same.

Offset equals the amount of wheel inboard and outboard of the wheel mounting flange as measured to the bead seat, not the overall width. The difference from bead seat to overall width is approximately 1/2" per side. An 8" wheel will measure approximately 9" overall width.

Backspacing is a measurement from the wheel mounting face to the inside most edge of the wheel. So as an example, a 15 x 8" wheel with zero offset will have a 4 1/2" backspace.

I don't know if this helps you or not.

As an answer to you original question. These wheels will stick outboard 1/2" so depending on what size tire you run, they may or may not work for you.

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 04-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Senior Chief

I had 15x8 Rally II's with 4" backspacing and the fronts jammed into the wheel house on turns with 255/60 tires. I had to go to either larger backspace or 7" wheels on the front.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Senior Chief

Yeah I'm going to try to put them on later this week, At this point I'm hoping at least the backs fit.