Old 06-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 69 repo bumper question

I did a search but it seems that the info I could find was older. Do the 69 rear repo bumpers that they make now fit decent? I see some advertise that they are plated in the USA. I bought a rechromed one but it doesnt fit very well.
Thanks Bryan

Old 06-21-2010, 07:04 PM

I bought one from Ames and I LOVE it!! The finish is perfect and the fit is good. It looks like it comes down a little on the end-not perfectly straight. Overall, I am very satisfied!

Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

How much is the price difference between buying one of these and having one chromed? My rear bumper isn't tweaked, just has surface rust from sitting out in the sun.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyyy View Post
How much is the price difference between buying one of these and having one chromed? My rear bumper isn't tweaked, just has surface rust from sitting out in the sun.
had my 69 bumper rechromed by Keystone Automotive(they send them out to Northstar plating,at least the Mpls. store does)Cost was just under $500.Quality of work:excellent.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by paint guy View Post
had my 69 bumper rechromed by Keystone Automotive(they send them out to Northstar plating,at least the Mpls. store does)Cost was just under $500.Quality of work:excellent.
What if mine is a little tweaked. Can they straighten it and know it will fit? It survived being a daily driver for 17 years and got hit setting in the driveway. It isn't bent very bad, just sprung out on one end.