Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar-Pontiac View Post
I said that in post #19 pay attention ....LOL.
Why? I never pay any attention to your posts. (:>)

Since I am posting my daily reply to Polar Pontiac,

I apologize to you, TIN TIGR, for my comments.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Suspended

thank you mr vaught..i hold you in great respect....(i hope someday to find the rest of my bieber shifter too..)..

Old 09-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Suspended

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Why? I never pay any attention to your posts. (:>)

Since I am posting my daily reply to Polar Pontiac,

I apologize to you, TIN TIGR, for my comments.

Tom Vaught
Why? I never pay any attention to your posts. (:>)You just did. Can you say senile..

Old 09-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Boost Engineer

Not senile, I was just using you are a weak excuse to get to the real point of the post which was the apology to Tin Tigr. Killing two bird with one post. You would not understand that kind of thing being a reactive type of guy vs a "think ahead" type of guy.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Not senile, I was just using you are a weak excuse to get to the real point of the post which was the apology to Tin Tigr. Killing two bird with one post. You would not understand that kind of thing being a reactive type of guy vs a "think ahead" type of guy.

Tom Vaught
That's right Tommy I shoot first ask question later.

Last edited by Polar-Pontiac; 09-26-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Boost Engineer

Back to name calling again, huh. Try and be nice to a guy and go easy on the posts and what does it get you, SOS.

Tom Vaught

One quick question, have you ever contributed ONE valid technical contribution to this forum or any other forum on this board vs just stirring up chit?

Old 09-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE=PONTIAC DUDE;4107507]
99% of the CV-1 users now are using 'Ported CV-1's and Shaft assemblies'
QUOTE]

THAT is absolutely NOT true- 75% of cv-1 users have guideplates and roller rockers with results typical from this cv-1 owner:

"brian, I dont know how big your cam is going to be, but 1 am running 1.7 rockers and a 440 lobe to as much 7600 so far, with no adjustment issues or failures, no shafts, no girdle. only running 146 mph at 3550#s worth of, you calculate it out, HP. It usually traps out at 6900rpm."

Old 09-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Back to name calling again, huh. Try and be nice to a guy and go easy on the posts and what does it get you, SOS.

Tom Vaught

One quick question, have you ever contributed ONE valid technical contribution to this forum or any other forum on this board vs just stirring up chit?
Yes I have. I just don't like you. I am done with this back and forth stuff. You have your mind made up that you are the greatest so have fun with that. You can put me on your ignore list as I have added you problem solved.. Back to topic....

Old 10-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

man, what a bunch of nut jobs. Who cares what head is on a car? Its like the pontiac guys dont want to see anything different going faster, or having success. Sounds alot like the chevy guys i race with. Any time i do anything with my car that is a little faster or makes more power than them, they start bringing out reasons why they are slower than me and start trying to find something to pick on. Usually its the valve angle, or how much my block costs.

The pontiac is different by design, just like all the different heads for pontiacs. I hope that lots of different designs of heads make it into the market, and even if they dont have great success, i think that people will learn from it all. Sounds like the cv1's are finding some success even throughout all the trash talk. I dont have an opinion on them either way, i have high ports and i like them for what they are and what i paid for them. It just sucks that if i want to go up from where i am, i have to spend 6000 on a set of heads, not including all the other stuff that goes along with having tigers, or cv1s.

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 10-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe $ 6000 for Tigers? but You wont be near that much $$ with CV's even ported and including intake, valve covers, and BBC rockers. Reinvestigate! Just curious what level your high-ports are at, got room for growth?

Id think if you did want to try different heads you could get a reasonable amount of your money back on the HP's

Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
Maybe $ 6000 for Tigers? but You wont be near that much $$ with CV's even ported and including intake, valve covers, and BBC rockers. Reinvestigate! Just curious what level your high-ports are at, got room for growth?

Id think if you did want to try different heads you could get a reasonable amount of your money back on the HP's
If you want to compare apples to apples... What do bare casting CV's cost? $2500, beryllium seats $1000 titanium valves $2000, Manley nextek springs with titanium retainers and 10* locks $800, Jesel shaft bars $1500. That equals $7800 bucks for a compairable head that wont make as much power... I am not geting on a soap box and bashing anyones product or promoting anyones product. There is a ton of mis-information in this post. I use the Tiger head since that is what is the best out there and makes the most power right now.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post

do you have to buy pistons for the cv1s?

Don Dial Race Cars
Old 10-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
do you have to buy pistons for the cv1s?
It depends on what you have. Jim at Roland will cut the reliefs necessary in your current pistons if needed.

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow that was painful. I can't believe I even read it.

Congrats to another really fast run with a Pontiac engine.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

CV-1 costing options:
11/32" TI intake valves- $500 extra
5/16" steel exh valves- $100 extra
beryllium seats- $250 extra
10* TI retainers- n/c

the 2 optional valves listed are 80-90 gram range, which balances the valve masses. when a head design can use non-custom hi volume hardware, piece prices drop dramatically.

bruce you are correct, this is a nitrous thread. so the parts listed above wouldnt be necessary. there is no relevance in comparing ultra hi end N/A head costs to nitrous motor head costs.
i would reccommend the $100 spring upgrade though, if your cam lift is over .740" with 1.7 rockers.
jim
ps. dave h. please watch this thread, as im concerned it might get nasty again. thanks

Old 10-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If I was spraying my motor I would use the same hardware that I currently use. At a minimum I would run a 049P Manley spring with both titanium intake and exhaust valves. $250 for the seats installed is CHEAP.