67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Just so you know, the Lordstown D80 anomaly is a horse that's been beaten to death multiple times. It's been documented on multiple cars, not just his. FWIW
So,There has been other cars from LOR with D80 codes? From the posts I have read here and on first gen firebird site. It seems people came across other cars with different codes but it was after his car info was posted. Is that correct or am I missing some post?

Old 10-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Senior Chief

D80 code on the data plate of a documented 350 Firebird that does not show anything about it on it's build sheet means nothing, except that a mistake was made somewhere along the way.

So D80 on the Firebird you saw means nothing and means even less if no one is allowed to see it.

SO BE REAL SNEAKY AND GO AND GET US THAT PICTURE.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Haley View Post
So D80 on the Firebird you saw means nothing and means even less if no one is allowed to see it.
SO BE REAL SNEAKY AND GO AND GET US THAT PICTURE.
Nice try John...Do you really think I would have a guy call back and want to take pics of my car and not go look what has been posted about it...As far as no one seeing the car and the tag.. It seems to me some one has posted that has seen it..And theres others on the board that have seen it & they know you and bought parts from you...

Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Senior Chief

I have sold no Firebird parts to anybody around here except for you(a pair of 69 fenders)for at least 5-7 years probably longer. I have talked to one guy that saw your green car and he said it was so rotted that it wasn't worth anything. He also told me that the data plate had been removed from the body shell.

Just what is it that you think is so special about that green convert you have/had? If it is so special show your proof or it really means nothing and why talk about it other than for the drama you create.

I have 6 real 1969 trans am hoods, 10 wings, 5 tachs with stepped guages, too many Firebird ram air pans to count. 2 69 trans am converts that nobody but me and pontiac know about. All the ram air 4 Firebirds that are missing, so all you guys might as well quit looking for them.

Nobody is allowed to see any of my stuff, you will just have to trust me.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I have sold no Firebird parts to anybody around here except for you(a pair of 69 fenders)for at least 5-7 years probably longer. I have talked to one guy that saw your green car and he said it was so rotted that it wasn't worth anything. He also told me that the data plate had been removed from the body shell.
Just to let you know..The person you said seen my car with no tag LOL..Sorry he seen a junk convertible parts car I parted out. As for drama about my car...I'm not the one telling people that have seen the car to try to sneak over and take pics of it that would be you. So why does my car bother you so much that you will bad mouth it anyway you can and say its fake... But on the other hand you want people to sneak over and take pics of it for you?
To me your the one with the drama problem....

Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Just what is it that you think is so special about that green convert you have/had? If it is so special show your proof or it really means nothing and why talk about it other than for the drama you create.

I have 6 real 1969 trans am hoods, 10 wings, 5 tachs with stepped guages, too many Firebird ram air pans to count. 2 69 trans am converts that nobody but me and pontiac know about. All the ram air 4 Firebirds that are missing, so all you guys might as well quit looking for them.

Nobody is allowed to see any of my stuff, you will just have to trust me.
You forgot the partridge in a pear tree........

Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Suspended

I was just wondering?
If no one knows anything about the cars
from LOR with extra codes.
What good is the pic of his tag going to do?
To me it sounds like some here just want the pic
for their own interests for some reason.
But, I maybe wrong.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Senior Chief

I really did not expect him/you to take some pictures. I assumed it was just you, posting under a new name. I think you are also superteen. You may be the only one on the board posting under three different names, let alone all three in the same thread.

And I have a Partridge in a pine tree(no pear trees in Minnesota) No you can't see it dave, just trust me. LOL

I think I have what this thread needs.

Oh jeez Dave you are pegging the meter again.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I really did not expect him/you to take some pictures. I assumed it was just you, posting under a new name. I think you are also superteen. You may be the only one on the board posting under three different names, let alone all three in the same thread.

And I have a Partridge in a pine tree(no pear trees in Minnesota) No you can't see it dave, just trust me. LOL

I think I have what this thread needs.

Oh jeez Dave you are pegging the meter again.

John, I have two pear trees in my front yard in Burnsville, just down the road from your shop. But I also have pine trees on my property...

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 10-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd be interested.

It would be corroboration.
I think his tag info is on this page:

1969 Cowl Tags

With the 'controversy' of the D80 code, a pic would be a 1st step in figuring out this tag.

There are a few tags from LOR with extra codes, most B80.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 10-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Senior Chief

OOP's You are right there are pear trees here. But I thought pine tree would be kinda funny anyway.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Sure John, I have nothing better to do then post under 3 names just to get a
"non expert" like you to believe my cars a 1969 trans am. It's funny how you have been drooling to see my car sense you heard of it. You even now went as far as wanting some one to sneak over and take pics of it...
I think that speaks volumes about you.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
OOP's You are right there are pear trees here. But I thought pine tree would be kinda funny anyway.
Ive never see a partridge in real life and can only guess they dont hang around in pear trees.
Is this thread done?

Old 10-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969T/A View Post
Sure John, I have nothing better to do then post under 3 names just to get a
"non expert" like you to believe my cars a 1969 trans am. It's funny how you have been drooling to see my car sense you heard of it. You even now went as far as wanting some one to sneak over and take pics of it...
I think that speaks volumes about you.
i think i told you in the past and i hope everyone on this board knows that i am a firm believer in never say never, but have you ever posted a picture of the cowl tag?? if not, why???? it would at least give yourself credibility to it. just my opinion.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Senior Chief

So 1969 T/A... You think that you have a Trans am convertible ? a 9th perhaps ?

Old 10-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
i think i told you in the past and i hope everyone on this board knows that i am a firm believer in never say never, but have you ever posted a picture of the cowl tag?? if not, why???? it would at least give yourself credibility to it. just my opinion.
Yes, a picture of the tag was posted at one point and Dave whined until all photos were removed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Held for Ransom For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
Yes, a picture of the tag was posted at one point and Dave whined until all photos were removed.
He even got the pictures we posted deleted - quite the feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intense
So 1969 T/A... You think that you have a Trans am convertible ? a 9th perhaps ?
I could be wrong here, but I don't think he does, but he wants us to....and any unsuspecting parts buyer who happens along.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
The Following User Says Thank You to The Boss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Suspended

What the people on this board forget is
The little info & pics I did give turned into a big "drama scene"
And it all started from a guy over at the http://firstgenfirebird.org/
He wanted to buy the car from me and when I told him it was not for sale
He started saying it had a fake tag. Then when he stopped doing it.
John Haley found out about the car and started up with it. But what you people here don't know is when I first met John Haley. I met him over at his shop. I went to see a set of stack gauges he use to make before the reproductions came out and I also bought a pair of fenders from him at the time he seemed to be a nice guy. He then showed me his black firebird he cloned into a 1969 trans am. We started talking about it and he told me that he got some of his parts off a green 1969 convertible that was for sale at a car lot in the early to mid 80's. He told me he stopped there and asked if they would be willing to trade parts off of it and they traded him and thats how he got some of his trans am parts for his firebird. I believe he said the car lot was on Lake Street or Larpenteur Ave. Well about 3-6 months after we met.. I sold the hard top firebird I was trying to clone into a trans am and started looking for a convertible firebird. Thats when I found my car up in northern Mn. I join the http://firstgenfirebird.org/
and started asking questions about it and posting pic
and thats when drama started.
I think John Haley knows more about my car then he's saying
and I think he thinks my car is the car he got some of his trans am parts from thats why every time anything gets posted on it he makes it a point to start the drama.

If you don't believe me theres a post on this site or http://firstgenfirebird.org/
where he admits getting his trans am parts from a car lot.
But he tried to change the story.
How would I know where John Haley got his trans am parts unless he told me?
Also you wouldnt get all wound up like he does unless you know sometime
every buddy else doesn't. Almost every post on my car he starts his drama.

MAYBE IF ALL THE DRAMA WENT AWAY...
I WOULD POST MORE INFO I FOUND OUT ABOUT IT.
BUT RIGHT KNOW ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN UNTIL THE CARS DONE IF EVEN THEN.

Here's a pic of Johns gauges he made to prove I have been out to his shop,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Haley.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	222055  

Old 10-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Mike, you've been played.

I'm not sure what the motivations are of the guy you bought the parts from, but he's pretty well known here. He pops in every once in a while, tries to sell one story, then another for what reason I don't know. I for one would love to see his car, regardless of the vin or the cowl tag.

Just so you know, the Lordstown D80 anomaly is a horse that's been beaten to death multiple times. It's been documented on multiple cars, not just his. FWIW
That pretty much sums it up.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Suspended

Quote:
This is the perfect example of the "drama queens" I told you about on this site.
If it's been documented on multiple cars, not just his.
How is anyone getting played? LOL
Other than you think you need more info for your records.
Wouldn't that mean by you causing drama your playing yourself
out of the info you could have got if you didnt...
To me theres no better definition of a idiot..