Old 04-11-2011, 11:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to RamAirThree Send a message via Yahoo to RamAirThree
Default 1970 Formula 400 RA III project 4-speed/12 bolt 3:73 $9k

After realizing I cannot seem to make the time needed to restore my car and since I am buying a cabin cruiser so I can enjoy some free time finally with family and friends that will no doubt take up a lot more of my time, I have come to terms and balanced out what is realistic and what is just male testosterone. So I am putting my project car for sale regretfully....

1970 Pontiac Formula 400 RA III with a Muncie close ratio 4-speed trans and 12 bolt 3:73 posi rear. Optional Lucerne blue ext w/ bright blue deluxe int, 15" Rallye package, chrome trim package, heavy duty suspension with front disc brakes and no luxury options (car is ordered just as a drag pack would be ordered), all original matching numbers with 44k original miles and PHS Documentation is included. This is a car that bows to no muscle or pony car in stock form. These are amongst some of the fastest Pontiacs ever released from the factory and despite false information many would like to believe as truth, this is one of the fastest Firebirds, Formulas or Trans-Ams available due to power x weight ratio. Try and find another ordered like this one, all I can tell you is good luck as in 7 years of searching other owners I could only find one other restored and another missing everything. Can you say the same for a RAIII Trans Am? Not trying to knock them as I love them too, I am just trying to give insight on the rarity.

It does need a full restoration, it does have body rot in quarters, trunk jamb, trunk pan and some spots in the floor pan and she does has rust in the common places with the f-bodies so she needs a lot of work. Not an easy restoration but she is still very solid with solid rails making her a perfect investment. I have seen other cars needing more that are worth less and were restored to a lucrative classic so I have no doubts with this one as even the same year Trans Am Ram Air III's can't touch her price tag. There is nothing to hide with the vehicle as I partially disassembled here setting up to begin the work so it is all there to see. This is a very sought out, rare muscle/pony car that's even more rare due to the way factory ordered. I do not have a title, as these cars came with none in this era and I was going to do the Broadway title thing since I am in NY but apparently you cannot obtain one with out the car passing a safety inspection and insurance which I obviously cannot do due to the car being apart but again I have PHS documentation and I will be happy to give a bill of sale. Everything is there right down to the original AM radio, original Rochester 4bbl carb. Only thing not here is the original windshield that cracked being removed but easily and cheap enough to replace. She is even still on her Good Year Poly glass tires! I am not desperate for money but I am fair and expect the same in return as this is a once in a life time chance so she goes to the first $9K in cash and the car is well worth it and I know if anyone knows these cars, they know it too as she is about 15k in resalable parts if not better. This deal is only for those that can do it in person. If interested please call (347) 526-0871 ... Please do not text and please no calls after 9 pm eastern time, thanks.

This is what she look like before disassembly to get an idea

Some pics of her amenities

This is where she is at now but with the motor and trans out and wheels on to roll

Again to get an idea of her value in parts alone so there is no misunderstanding as I am trying to be as clear as possible

400 RAIII matching number V8

Muncie close ratio 4-speed also matching number

12 bolt limited slip rear with 3:73 gears also matching number

Drive train is complete with intake, Rochester Quadra Jet and the Ram Air filter cover all are matching number

Operational and original Ram Air Hood with boots and all attachments

Nose cap is clean and original fiberglass, not the replacement flexible one so many seem confused about.

All glass except the windshield. (an easy replacement none the less)

Interior needs to be fully redone but all there with the only year stock headrest buckets and is a deluxe interior as well.

Complete factory gauge cluster with 160 speedo and factory Ram Air tach (there is a difference in RPM redline)

Factory 15" Rally wheels with the polyglass tires still on them.

and everything else that came on this car or in this car as well.

So do your homework and see how much money in parts alone this car is worth with this rare and once in a life time find and you will know it far surpasses the 9k wanted.
Again this is a rare opportunity for a extremely rare true Poncho, again just try and find my car, even google it, good luck. These cars average 15% a year increase in value over the 5% the 1970 Trans Am RAIII does. This car, ordered as is, is so rare it hasn't even come to light until recent years according to Pontiac Historical Society.
You will not surpass the value of this car restoring it, especially if you are doing your own work. I am just being straight forward so we clearly understand where we stand on the price and why.
One of the last true Ponchos models before low compression, emission suffocation and corporate intervening came to be and she is extremely rare and complete with the rare and special option colors.

1970 Formula 400 Ram air III, Close Ratio Muncie 4-Speed, 3:73 Gears..... All original, matching number car and under a full frame-up restoration.......
Other toy is a 1991 Fully custom Harley, all show and all go.

http://www.myspace.com/RamAirThree
Old 05-18-2011, 08:37 PM

I have left several messages on your phone, please call me when you can.
Rich

Old 05-22-2011, 09:38 AM

Hi Lou,
Sorry i cannot make it this Sunday to look at vehicle please call me to discuss.
Rich

Old 06-21-2011, 11:17 AM

Vehicle is sold and can be deleted..... Thank you.

1970 Formula 400 Ram air III, Close Ratio Muncie 4-Speed, 3:73 Gears..... All original, matching number car and under a full frame-up restoration.......

Old 06-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAirThree View Post
Vehicle is sold and can be deleted..... Thank you.
Congrats.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weranc55 View Post
Congrats.
Thanks but I have to say I have mixed emotions on the sale. I didn't sell it because I didn't want it, just sold it because I couldn't make the time with family responsibilities and work and realized I was becoming one of those guys that just tell everyone I will restore it one day. Didn't seem right to let it waste away so she went to another that loves these cars. I guess I will get a less rare bird to play with that isn't as time consuming I can enjoy while driving. Being responsible sometimes sucks... lol. Thanks again

Old 06-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I feel your pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAirThree View Post
Being responsible sometimes sucks...