THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Post View Post
Dark beer, like Fosters and Sam Adams won't hurt.
NO BEER if he's a Celiac!!! The wheat and barley contain GLUTEN.

Can't even have soy sauce, it's brewed with wheat. There are gluten-free substitutes, some pretty good, some, not so much.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein View Post
Symptoms like yours sound like what HIS describes. My sis-in-law nearly died, my wife and other family members have it. Wife is fortunate that she gets cramps when even trace amounts of gluten are contaminating her food, but her sister had no such symptoms, just weakness, narcolepsy and weight loss until she was hospitalized near death.

Start here:
http://www.celiaccentral.org/Celiac-...FRAq7AodGkVHNg
I am 55, Am a smoker drink around 12 beer a day, set around the house most of the day, I mow the yard and do ods and ins, I dont wont to eat much, Around 1 meal small a day with a snack at the am hours, No work outs, My wife dont cook very much, I have my days and nights mixed up, I like the night times the best, I go for more blood work in Sept to see if that vitD is helping me, I go to bed around 2-4 AM get up Around 11-am- 2-pm es time, Now you know my life style, Please dont tell anyone OK. Thank you all for your replys. I dont wont to die yet.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Post View Post
Dark beer, like Fosters and Sam Adams won't hurt.
In context with the TOPIC: Appears I bought a case of bad judgement: Victory Sunhine Pils: an unfiltered Wheat beer: 2 bottles provide a full evening of regret. Supposed to be refreshing but NOOOO it repels satisfaction. Another unsatisfying swill: Hopsolutely made in Allentown PA.

Several Cases of good judgement:
Victory Hop Wallop
Sam Adams Summer something or other
Yuengling Premium or Lager

Those sorts will likely straighten-out a over-worked digestive tract.
IF APPLICABLE, then remember: Stop eating so much each meal & rest your bowels.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a few friends that drink much less and almost killed off their liver and a few people that stoped smoking and packed on all kinds of weight. I have only smoked tires myself but for those that smoke cigs they sure seem to act like a diet pill for some people.

My frail grandmother has about the same eating habits and was loosing weight. It was a mix of depression and other ailments. We got her drinking at least one can of Ensure a day and it helped a lot.

I don't want to come accross as condesending or judgmental but it sounds like a positive life change may be in order. Leave a positive lasting legacy to your son and wife.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Question

You sound clinically depressed to me. And 12 beers a day in the absence of a proper diet means you're wrecking your liver.

Thought about AA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz68 View Post
I am 55, Am a smoker drink around 12 beer a day, set around the house most of the day, I mow the yard and do ods and ins, I dont wont to eat much, Around 1 meal small a day with a snack at the am hours, No work outs, My wife dont cook very much, I have my days and nights mixed up, I like the night times the best, I go for more blood work in Sept to see if that vitD is helping me, I go to bed around 2-4 AM get up Around 11-am- 2-pm es time, Now you know my life style, Please dont tell anyone OK. Thank you all for your replys. I dont wont to die yet.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

cuz68; appears you've fallen into the alcoholic habit of replacing eating with drinking.

The following traits follow suit to Post#22:
eating disorder (for whatever reason)
sleep disorder (depression or whatever reason)
Sounds like you are unemployed. Are you Receiving Disability pay?
Sounds like you lack real hope (faith in God)

I hope you are sick&tired of being sick&tired. It's your CHOICE to straighten up & fly right or dissipate away into death. You need to take the lead on this one.

HIS

Old 06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Same thing I was thinking. My Father was an alcoholic that died at 41, so I know the symptoms.
cuz, your problems are all rooted in lifestyle in my opinion...and it don't take no doctor to figure that out.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:46 PM

Cuz, I hope you meant 1 to 2 beers a day, if not, I can see what a big part of the problem is. In addition to getting the testing done, I would also suggest switching your diet to a whole foods diet meaning all natural foods. Uncooked raw vegetables and fruits, supplemented by naturally raised meats. Many of the "diseases" and afflictions that are now commonplace are nothing more than a direct result of what we are putting in our bodies. Don't forget the old saying - "garbage in, garbage out". I hope things get better for you, my friend!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
You sound clinically depressed to me. And 12 beers a day in the absence of a proper diet means you're wrecking your liver.

Thought about AA?
Bob i stay depressed, I dont get up wonting a beer never. My wifes mother had a stroak in november she is back home now but can not walk or go to the bathroom on her one, It is tough on my wife and i, I only sip on my michelob lights after 4-5 pm. Thank you my friend.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!

Quote:
Bob i stay depressed, I dont get up wonting a beer never. My wifes mother had a stroak in november she is back home now but can not walk or go to the bathroom on her one, It is tough on my wife and i, I only sip on my michelob lights after 4-5 pm. Thank you my friend.
You're quite welcome, my friend. You may not want to hear this, but chronic depression is quite common in alcoholism. A person who consumes a dozen beers a day is ingesting about 12 ounces of pure alcohol. Most physicians would call that alcoholism.

You need to return to your physician and be honest about your consumption, and go from there. I suspect many of the problems you're describing will abate if you get the drinking under control.

Good luck.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You are in denial! You are an alcoholic. If you have the will to live quit drinking! You may still be depressed if you quit drinking but your body will heal and you will manage the stress and depression.

I know this from personal experience. I quit 3 years 6 months 30 days ago.

Watched too many friends and family drink them selves to an early grave.

Take care and get some help if can,t do it on your own, there are people around you that care!

Shawn

"Don't let fatigue make a coward of you."
Old 06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Sipping or guzzling...you are still consuming a large amount of booze every night.

Wow...think of the money youd have if not drinking a twelve pack or more of MICHS every night...thats got to be costly. You might be working on your GOAT again with that $.

Call your DOCTOR for a Physical....set you alarm for 3PM and get up and make the call...real simple.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn e. View Post
You are in denial! You are an alcoholic. If you have the will to live quit drinking! You may still be depressed if you quit drinking but your body will heal and you will manage the stress and depression.

I know this from personal experience. I quit 3 years 6 months 30 days ago.

Watched too many friends and family drink them selves to an early grave.

Take care and get some help if can,t do it on your own, there are people around you that care!

Shawn
x1000!! This coming from a guy that drink 18 a day! U need help the rest will fall into place once u admit u have a problem and get help. Sober since may 23rd 97!

2017, 74 firebird -3600 lbs (all bests) 1.33 60 ft, 6.314@108.39 9.950@134.32
M/T 275/60 ET SS Drag Radial

2023,(Pontiac 505) 1.27 60 ft, 5.97@112.86, 9.48@139.31.... 275/60 Radial Pro's
Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Senior Chief

Default Probably a combination of issues - I'd bet alcohol and depression are the biggies.

I've got several friends and family members who struggle with depression on and off including both my mother and my father. Poor or no sleep, lost weight, no energy, and at times despair. It's no good for those depressed or those affected by their depression.

I'd suspect you and your wife are also overloaded with the care of her mother - even though it is the loving and Christian thing to do. You have to balance that with taking care of yourself. I watched my dad take care of his mother and father for several years and it just about put him HIM the ground before he recognized that he wasn't superman. You need to arrange to get some help now.

And I also gotta agree with the others, you NEED to recognize that YOU HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM. I know - been there and done that. It took a chance encounter between my Yamaha and a Buick to solve mine.

I'm sober since July 28, 1981.....with the scars and scuff marks to prove it.

Good luck, Cuz. We'll pray for you.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you my friends, I am going to try after the 4th, You all are right i have not drove my 68 in 17-18 years, the tires are flat, And it kills me just looking at it sad, Thanks for the suport, And keep me in your prayers. It also kills me not to drive some where when i wont to, I do not drink and drive. nock on wood, I am very luckey to have no DUIs and 55-yrs old Thank god.

Last edited by cuz68; 07-01-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NO, Don't try after the 4th. DO it TODAY. You have to want to get better and putting it off for ANY reason will just make you put it off more.
If you can make it thru the 4th without drinking,(drink pop while everyone else is drinking beer) you can go for a week, month, year, rest of your life without drinking. and you'll probably see how silly you get when drunk(just watch how your friends act when they get drunk) and you won't want to be like that.

Last edited by sleepy; 07-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

At least you thanked God today.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Well, I have a friend in your exact situation.
Youll need to quit smoking ( the ingredients actually remove fat from your system ( try an E-cig)
The beer, its NOT less filling, its taking the place of your food
I think you may have an addiction to alcohol problem.
There is help for this
Your wife, and your liver, and your lungs will all thank you.
Youll need a lifestyle change, youll need help.
I wish you the best, please take care..
Tough love, I know...