Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:05 PM

Most of my thanks goes to Ron for graduating from Junior member to Member status.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Suspended

I really dont have anything new to report. I feel your pain guys...and your frustration. Last I talked to Ron he was still working on it all. I cant speak for the timeframes he's given, but of course I also dont think he's trying to run off with your money. I too am waiting for mine.

As Daan said, I agree that threatening gets nobody anywhere. Worst case scenario at this point (I believe) is that you end up with a set of headers you have no use for because you ended up buying elsewhere. History has shown you'll have no problem selling them if thats the case. Not that I dont understand how angry that makes you.

I spoke with him last weekend, and I am not going to guess what point he is at today. Pretty sure he'll let me know when he has something new to report. I too wish it was yesterday.

But I'll offer again my guarantee on non-coated headers for cars he is already set up to make. You pay me, he makes the headers within the given timeframe and all is good. If not, I refund your money. I am doing this to keep the wheels turning. Without selling headers for expenses...........nobody gets anything.

I'm offering because the forum I believe knows I'm a man of my word.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Suspended

Ron's shop is only about 45min from me & only about 10min from my new job. I drove out that way around noon to see if I could see anything. Since its my first time in that area I didn't even know if I would find it. I just remembered the general area & not the address he told me months ago when I got my set. I was having no luck until I saw the doors open at a place I had already passed when they were closed.

I stopped & he was surprised to see me. We talked for about an hour or so & he showed me around. What I saw was he had all kinds of things going on there. Ranging from stacks of parts that were ready to mate to other pieces to some headers. Like Different stacks of completed primary tubes & collectors. Most stacks were around 15 pieces & some were less because they were the one he was working on. He had a stack of some finished headers that he said were part of the next batch.

He showed me a little of the specific production process he is sticking too. From the way he showed me it looked to be more economical than doing one piece at a time. I wouldn't know about faster because of course he didn't do the whole process right there. Since he was just showing me & I'm sure he knows if its faster or not.

I told him I was there because of the responses on PY & also I had thought about stopping by often before anyway. He said he's used to it & cant let a few guys that only have there needs in mind & are not thinking about all the others & how it effects everything. He would rather make use of the time working rather than trying for the 100th time to being called a crook. He said its useless & no matter if good news is posted or not its the same o'l.

I saw nothing but good things that showed progress. Like I said from the many stacks of parts that I'm guessing is most of 10-15 more sets. To the small stack of headers I saw. Also that he mentioned that some sets are already at the coater. I didn't ask how many because I didn't think to ask & frankly I don't think I would have asked anyway.

What I got from this is. The first time I met him when he delivered my headers out of the blue, to this visit today. Its still the same guy with the same mission to get everyone done. Just this time he has all the things working out. At least to me.

From speaking with him he had an issue with the 5 sets that were to be sold. He had all 5 sold at one time but 3 guys were backing out at the last min because of the feed back just posted on the board & others contacting them. In the end it seems two guys actually did & by that time he already missed the date he wanted the headers at the coater. Then by the next date for the coater it was sure those two backed out. So it seems that some actions were maybe against him from some of the very guys that are waiting.

I'm not a forum junky that posts a lot but I do check almost every day since I'm a Pontiac junky. I don't have a set I'm waiting for since mine came months back. So since I have been on both sides of the fence I think I can see things a little clearer & I know there's no need to get riled up. "IF" I was still waiting I would most likely be worried about the usual negative posts not helping the problem more than anything.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:07 PM

[
From speaking with him he had an issue with the 5 sets that were to be sold. He had all 5 sold at one time but 3 guys were backing out at the last min because of the feed back just posted on the board & others contacting them. In the end it seems two guys actually did & by that time he already missed the date he wanted the headers at the coater. Then by the next date for the coater it was sure those two backed out. So it seems that some actions were maybe against him from some of the very guys that are waiting.}

Your comments above suggests that there are 5 sets waiting to be purchased. If it were me I would use that knowledge and Aaron's "guarantee" and order a set asap. Should get it in two weeks or less. The long time orders are the "troublesome" part of the whole situation. Those guys are just being strung out with no communication. This is where I think Ron has really been lacking. I see no reason why he can't say "i have XX old orders to fill for the following persons to be filled in the order listed....." He should then go on to say "for every new X new orders, one old set will get done" That way everyone will know where they are and using Aaron's offer new orders can come in with confidence and everyone gets there hedders in a reasonable time.

I have dealt with Ron in the past and really like him. I think he is really trying to do right by everyone. However, the lack of CLEAR and as reliable as is possible information is causing mistrust and frustrations.

TO RON: Ron you know the situation best and arethe only one that knows what's really happening.That is part of the problem....guys who have been waiting a long time are entitled to know what's the situation as well. Some time ago you came on and said that you were past the hump finally and that it would all be sorted out in short order. Since then there has been very little word from you and more frustrations. I am recommending my advice above to you.

One thing is obvious.........despite the doubts and frustrations it is very clear that everyone wants your product. Everyone, not just 2nd gens. Everyone! With a little better information flow you have the opportunity to reap the rewards to compensate for all the years of hardships that have dogged you. Finances are one thing but approach is also critical. Without knowing the details of the funding I really believe that your approach in dealing with the long suffering customers will mhelp to determine how thing work out in the long run.

0.02c

Old 09-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Of the 5 sets that are ready to be sold........any 2nd gen D-ports available?....what size tubes & collector?

Old 09-25-2011, 03:17 AM

A set round port 2nd gen 2" prim 3,5"collectors ?? in that bunch? or available already with your guarantee?
daan

Old 09-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrta View Post
I ordered and payed for one of those five sets a month ago.I didn't back out.Dont know where you got your info but your wrong.Someone needs to do some checking because I paypaled the money on Aug 26. and I haven't received a refund.And haven't received any headers either.
rcrta........not sure who you are talking to and what info is wrong? I know that I havent received an order through me in several months. All orders placed through me have been filled. I have yet to have to return someone's money due to a failed order.

Wil check on that for you Daan.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Suspended

rcrta.....I dont disbelieve you. I just wasnt sure who you were talking to when you said, "Dont know where you got your info but your wrong.". Now I've figured it out. I dont think every single one of the orders on those 5 sets backed out. Just some of them. Regardless, though I havent spoken to Ron I hope he's making progress on your order, and the others.

Not sure why people arent taking advantage of my offer. Its risk free really.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I posted before that I ordered going through aronhk md, everything went just as it should have. Negative feedback kept delaying me from ordering but I took a small chance and it worked out.

Is Ron a good business man probably not, he should have said sorry, closed shop a long time ago and moved on. He's still attempting to do the right thing but the more people steer others away, the longer its going to take to get any backorders out.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
Someone good at tracking needs to find us Ron Watt's physical address. The only thing besides a lawsuit would be to handle it "old school" and pay Ron a visit. I hate bums, deadbeats, liers and liberals. Iv'e busted my ass for everything I've ever gotten like most of you. No one has the right to steal from us or anyone wealthy or poor. If we get a list of how many sets are owed to people and dollar amount, we may be able to get the Feds involved?
.....Evolution is not even.

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

.....uhh....again,.....of the 5 sets that are ready to be sold are any 2nd gen D-ports available?....what size tubes & collector?
Cash waiting........

Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Default Sorry for the hostility but....

I never intended to threaten Ron. Is a customer coming to get his parts or a refund threatening? We wouldn't even be having this discussion if someone from Tribal Tubes would keep us in the loop. I don't expect miracles and understand about set-backs, but ignoring your customers isn't good for anyone past, present or future. I need my headers that I paid $$ for. If Ron had been honest about how long this process was going to take I would have not ordered them. A simple text message to 419-230-3527 letting me know the progress. An email to tenyart@unoh.edu
A post of this forum addressing our concerns. Were not asking for much. If posting our concerns causes Ron to lose some prospective header buyers, then its entirely his fault. I gave Ron $$ in exchange for a set of headers. He also stated I would have them by the end of August, or I was going to get my $$ back from Pay-Pal. Ron lied to me flat out. What else can we do? I could probably sell a few sets if I had something good to say about the shopping experience, but I don't even know if my $$ has bought the materials for my headers yet? I did my part in helping Ron out by sending him my cash.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:52 PM

X2

All Ron has to do is make some headers. If I had my set that I paid for in a reasonable time frame, I would have ordered a second set for my other car. I would have also had good things to say about his product to other pontiac owners. Instead I'm 13+ months waiting and cannot recommend to anyone to buy a set of his headers. He is f***ing up what should be a good business for himself.

I ordered a set for of D-ports for my 1979 Trans Am.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I haven't had much to say on this so far, but now I feel I have to. I'm one of the old orders and believe I've been extremely patient so far, but after all these years, I'd just like to see my headers.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:06 PM

Default Help us out Jacks Poncho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Poncho View Post
Ron's shop is only about 45min from me & only about 10min from my new job. I drove out that way around noon to see if I could see anything. Since its my first time in that area I didn't even know if I would find it. I just remembered the general area & not the address he told me months ago when I got my set. I was having no luck until I saw the doors open at a place I had already passed when they were closed.

I stopped & he was surprised to see me. We talked for about an hour or so & he showed me around. What I saw was he had all kinds of things going on there. Ranging from stacks of parts that were ready to mate to other pieces to some headers. Like Different stacks of completed primary tubes & collectors. Most stacks were around 15 pieces & some were less because they were the one he was working on. He had a stack of some finished headers that he said were part of the next batch.

He showed me a little of the specific production process he is sticking too. From the way he showed me it looked to be more economical than doing one piece at a time. I wouldn't know about faster because of course he didn't do the whole process right there. Since he was just showing me & I'm sure he knows if its faster or not.

I told him I was there because of the responses on PY & also I had thought about stopping by often before anyway. He said he's used to it & cant let a few guys that only have there needs in mind & are not thinking about all the others & how it effects everything. He would rather make use of the time working rather than trying for the 100th time to being called a crook. He said its useless & no matter if good news is posted or not its the same o'l.

I saw nothing but good things that showed progress. Like I said from the many stacks of parts that I'm guessing is most of 10-15 more sets. To the small stack of headers I saw. Also that he mentioned that some sets are already at the coater. I didn't ask how many because I didn't think to ask & frankly I don't think I would have asked anyway.

What I got from this is. The first time I met him when he delivered my headers out of the blue, to this visit today. Its still the same guy with the same mission to get everyone done. Just this time he has all the things working out. At least to me.

From speaking with him he had an issue with the 5 sets that were to be sold. He had all 5 sold at one time but 3 guys were backing out at the last min because of the feed back just posted on the board & others contacting them. In the end it seems two guys actually did & by that time he already missed the date he wanted the headers at the coater. Then by the next date for the coater it was sure those two backed out. So it seems that some actions were maybe against him from some of the very guys that are waiting.

I'm not a forum junky that posts a lot but I do check almost every day since I'm a Pontiac junky. I don't have a set I'm waiting for since mine came months back. So since I have been on both sides of the fence I think I can see things a little clearer & I know there's no need to get riled up. "IF" I was still waiting I would most likely be worried about the usual negative posts not helping the problem more than anything.

Where in Oregon does Ron reside? Sandy, SweetHome, Salem, Astoria or Medford? Inquiring minds would like to know. We are not thugs, just people who have a right to know.

Geronimo and many others

Old 09-26-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Navarro View Post
.....uhh....again,.....of the 5 sets that are ready to be sold are any 2nd gen D-ports available?....what size tubes & collector?
Cash waiting........
Larry - it really does not matter.......he is currently making 2nd Gen headers according to my understanding of what Aaron had said previously. Aaron just repeated his offer - send funds to him and he guarantees you get them in the time frame he will advise (about 2 weeks if I recall correctly!) Make your order through Aaron and then go laywait the brown truck.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Suspended

Richie is correct. I can do the 1 3/4 primary size 2nd gen uncoated. You tell me "I want", I get a SHIP DATE, you agree thats good..........send me paypal. If you have a tracking # by the date agreed all is good. If not, I return the $$$.

Daan........I havent forgotten. Going to ask about the 2" 2nd gen.....just havent had a chance yet.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I stil have the round ported 1 3/4 primary uncoated sec gen F body/69 gto Headers for sale!!.........

Old 09-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Suspended

rcrta........1) my goal here is to keep the option of Tri-Y headers for us pontiackers. Every order I can facilitate helps Ron keep his doors open until the old orders are done and he can hopefully handle future orders on his own. To that end I am doing my best to make it happen. 2) Another goal is to keep the doors from closing so ALL you guys with old orders get what you paid for. 3) Finally, I like Ron and am trying to help him out.

On #1 I have chosen to offer the guarantee. So far its worked. On #2 I have tried to help you guys by providing what info I KNOW. I'm not 100% in the loop because I have a life of my own and I'm not involved in Ron's business....nor am I at his shop. I'm just doing what I can on this, and obviously by doing #1 I hope #2 happens. Soon. I hope. On #3.....well.....again, doing what I can. I'm not in charge. lol. I help Ron in whatever ways I can when he asks me to. For a while it was posting pics. Hope to have more pics soon.

So the best I can do for you is ask Ron the next time I talk to him to give you (and the others) an update. I cant force him to, and I've made it clear to you guys and to him how I feel about it. I'm in agreement with all of you. I wish he'd take just a couple of minutes and say something here and there. And I have told him how I feel about giving these timeframes and not meeting them. I dont have time to ask him every time someone here wants specifics on "their status". Trust me...I WANT to help. Every way I can.

Again.......I do not feel he has run off with your money. If I did I wouldnt be wasting time here or putting myself on the line. But I cannot control how any of this proceeds. There has been a large gap since any of us have heard about a set of headers being finished or delivered. But I believe thats because he is doing a large batch all at once. Jacks Poncho's VERY recent observations at Ron's shop seem to support this.....as do my conversations with him.

I'm waiting for mine too. And I already know you guys are supposed to get yours first.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiedd View Post
Larry - it really does not matter.......he is currently making 2nd Gen headers according to my understanding of what Aaron had said previously. Aaron just repeated his offer - send funds to him and he guarantees you get them in the time frame he will advise (about 2 weeks if I recall correctly!)
Question from my last post....
what size tubes & collector?..........."tubes 1-3/4".....

Now, for the collector size?