Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 AM
Suspended

Thank you Richie, I cant tell you exactly how many, but yes....I helped deliver quite a few sets especially earlier this summer. Some were new (again, new orders have just been to pay bills to keep things going...no vacations or profit here.) and some were old. I was also just helping in general ways posting here, so I had asked who was next and told Ramair3 because thats what Ron told me. Then things kind of slowed while he bent up tons of new pieces.

So Ramair3 IS an old order, and his headers ARE made. We are just trying to figure out where the shipping is coming from. With Ron just trying to get over the start of the month bills his focus is kind of on his family. This has been tough for him. He pretty much sold off everything he owned to make it this far....to come back and try to make things right. He used to have all kinds of Ram Air V stuff. Now he has a set of SD Performance ported E-heads for sale in the classifieds.

If anyone wants to order a new set.....or add a 2nd set to their old order.....it helps! And lots of guys have felt better going through me. I find out the shipping date, if thats good you pay me. When they ship I pay Ron. Uncoated and 70-81 bird/68-73 GTO/Tempest/LeMans only at the moment on new orders

Old 10-30-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat 67 View Post
AND, a profitable business for Ron & Deanna, AND a great product for us.

Charles
So true!!!!! The amazing thing is that if Ron can get the breathing space to steady the ship and get on an even keel this business has so much potential!!!! Despite the criticism of the way the business has been run/evolved since the early problems, EVERYBODY wants these hedders - custom made hedders with a perfect fit, for a cheap ass price! Ron could really turn his fortunes (no pun) around by, (thru Aron), guaranteeing delivery of new orders and selling them at a current day realistic price ($800 - $1000 or more). Everyone needs to remember this when they try and bash Ron. Not only is he trying to make good on old orders he is keeping the prices ridiculously low for new orders as well. All of us need to support him as best we can despite the frustrations and problems of the past.

Rich

Old 10-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Things are getting done, and there are no surprises. Communication was never one of Ron's best areas. He IS building headers, he is shipping headers, but he's not Hooker he's one guy."

And the last Hooker set I got said made in Mexico!

1965 GTO 4 barrel 3 speed project
2004 GTO Pulse Red stock motor computer tune 13.43@103.4
1964 Impala SS 409/470ci 600 HP stroker project
1979 Camaro IAII Edelbrock head 500" 695 HP 10.33@132 3595lbs
Old 10-30-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiedd View Post
EVERYBODY wants these hedders - custom made hedders with a perfect fit, for a cheap ass price! Ron could really turn his fortunes (no pun) around
Rich
Ron told me he really will not get rich from this work (at first i thought he could make a fortune also) but how much sets can he make and how much sets will be sold?? if half of the active people on py order a set ( that will never happen) he can sell about 3.000 sets and that will probably take him 10 years to make them so i don't think he will make his fortune with these headers but he really makes a nice product.

Daan

Old 10-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
oldblueponch.....dont think you are one of the ones that sent me an email. Send me one at herculeaneffort@yahoo.com and include your full name, shipping address a phone #, what type of head/port, any other details and what you paid/when. Unfortunately some of the guys who have emailed me didnt include their screen name here so I get a little confused. lol
email sent.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Suspended

Some of the guys have emailed me...some responded here. But I just walked in the door at 10 pm, so I will try to get some more info for you all tomorrow.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/A V Girl View Post
I'm going to post this even though it surely wont matter. Its a sure thing that someone will most likely post negative about it.

I shipped 4 sets since the 14th for Ron. There was an O-port on the 14th, & a D-port on the 19th. Then I shipped two packages to the same guy on the 25th 1 was an old order D-port &1 was an O-port that was a new order set. I would have sent another D-port out on the 25th but was out of packing material for the 3rd package & has been back in the line up. As of today all shipping confirmations show they all have arrived. There's 2 D-port's boxed & heading out on Mon. Those two members have already been notified. Ron says depending on the sale's he could have another two out next week.
I put a new order in for a set of coated ones on 8/29/11. Could you PM me with a status?

Old 11-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Suspended

2 sets going out tomorrow, and should be 4 more sets going out next week from the look of things. rcrta....I dont have specifics of who is next. I spent 2 and a half hrs on the phone tonight trying to help facilitate the ones going out next week and more time on top of that sending emails. All I can ask is that everyone be patient a bit longer. I know this isnt going as fast as everyone would like. I'll be doing my best

I think I got to everyones emails and PMs.....

Old 11-01-2011, 10:43 AM

As a new member and long time lurker, I am posting this to assure those considering using Aron as a go -between to get a set of tri-y's from Ron, that Aron is a stand up guy and delivered as promised. I contacted Ron months ago about a new order but resisted because of all the unfilled old orders. With the possibility of Ron shutting the doors and there being no maker of these headers and Aron's guarantee of delivery, I did in fact place an order. It was filled and I hope will get more old orders filled.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

ive followed this situation for awhile and i can say that Ron could've just closed the doors and filed bankruptcy and walked away. He didnt do that. It seems that he's tryin to do the neccesary things to get caught up and put this behind him.

when i get to the point of needing new headers i wont have a problem supportin Ron.

aronhk_md i also commend you on your efforts to help Ron.

may 2012 put ALL this in the past

Old 11-01-2011, 01:29 PM

Aron, PM sent to you.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535 tall deck View Post

may 2012 put ALL this in the past
Thanks, and Amen to that.

For those watching....I know it makes some skeptical when someone with less than ten posts comes into a controversial thread like this one, whether in support of, or antagonistic to the topic at hand. Such is the case with SA74SD above as he is newly registered here. I just want to caution everyone that its very easy to make an assumption that this isnt a real person. There are MANY who dont post and just watch the boards. I'm getting approached by them all the time now regarding these headers.

But I want to assure everyone that if you question the validity of any of these header deliveries and are looking to purchase a set.........I have no problem asking these individuals to contact you (I can at least ask). They are real, and the headers being delivered are real. I would be an idiot to place my neck on the line for a scam. I'm no idiot.

Unfortunately many who have received headers have been quiet. For the sake of fairness I cant mention the names of those who have received theirs, but I encourage everyone who does to post here.

For everyone that has posted in support of Ron...thank you. He is struggling, and I have personally seen him pour the last resources of his own into this endeavor. Quite a bit of cash actually. It sickens me to see thousands of $ disappear into tubing, and tooling, and boxes, and rent........all with zero return for him as yet besides eeking out an existence. And I mean eeking it out. And the progress has been frustrating to me. I was hoping like everyone else including Ron that he'd be caught up by now.

But he is trying......every day I speak with him he's out there in the shop. He's one man. Did you guys know that it takes him much longer to grind the new welds on the inside of each port opening of a D-port set than it does for an O-port? He cant use the same tool. I didnt know that months ago. D-ports are much harder in another way too. The tubing needs to make an immediate turn when it leaves the flange on those center ports. The tooling that helps make the d-port shape wont work in a bend....only on a straight. So its a dilemna, and he has struggled with making those tubes.......each and every time.....one tube at a time.

And you guys waiting for these things. I can only imagine really what it would be like to shell out your cash and then not get what you paid for. For months, or a year, or 6 years. I dont blame any one of you for being angry, or fed up. I'm glad I've been able to help a little. I'm no hero here, just another guy with an idea crazy enough to volunteer. Never could pass someone broken down along the side of the road without stopping..........I'm seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, but I know a lot of you are still waiting..........

Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 PM

I recieved 2 sets of headers on Saturday. They look awesome. I went through Aron for mine and got them in a week. I'm happy with the product.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM

Update on my order: I know progress is worth its weight in gold around here.

Last week I got a call from Ron. He told me that he is doing everything he can to fill all orders both old & new. No surprises there. Since I lived fairly close, he could ship my set out if I could pay the shipping costs again. Needless to say I took him up on the offer and sent payment over to Aron.

I got confirmation from Fedex yesterday, along with a tracking number, that the package is on its way. 6 years of waiting finally coming to an end. Actually couldn't be better timing... well 6 years ago would have been fine, but this works as well.

I will post pics when I receive them and get them installed. So excited!!

A big thank you to Aron and Ron for being upstanding guys.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Suspended

Thanks for posting guys. Glad its happening, but we arent done yet. I'm not ignoring anyone.....Dewayne.....rcrta.....everyone else. I just want you to know that. I'm going to do my best to see every one of you gets what you paid for. We just have to keep Ron afloat long enough to make it all happen. Then we need to keep him afloat after because he's a decent guy AND the pontiac community will continue to need his product.

Most of all..........thank you PY. To the moderators and the owners - you have been very understanding and patient. We couldnt pursue this hobby like we do without this excellent resource. My purchases will be through PY whenever I can make it so. Plus we're neighbors and I've been up there before I'd love to bring my car to your open house in June.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Suspended

Sigh...........ok, I'm getting confused guys. lol. Between emails, PMs, and posts here and phone calls, I am having trouble keeping up with who said what, when, and who is who. Can you guys do me a favor....

Make a little folder on your desktop and keep the following info in it. Your name, your screen name here, address, phone #, email address, what style header, type of port and any extras that were ordered. Then when you write to me just include that pasted info at the top. In addition, maybe we could just use my email? So I dont have to look 3 places trying to figure out where I last had contact from you? herculeaneffort@yahoo.com

That way these contacts arent in 3 places...lol. Also, it doesnt hurt to remind me what we discussed last. Hopefully your mail returns a copy of what I sent, and same from me to you.....but not everyone is set up that way.

Thanks for helping me

Old 11-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Fedex just called. They have my box

Will post pics later tonight/tomorrow

Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 AM

Show em off.......we need pics

Old 11-06-2011, 01:24 PM

uploading some now. Was the girlfriend and I's anniversary last night. Didn't get home until late.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XYkxkh.jpg[/IMG

Old 11-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Congratulations on the Great Looking Headers and your Anniversary .......

Closed Thread