Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:30 AM

Default Ipad unlock

my sister-in-law found an Ipad at the airport,claims she tried to turn it in and the guy told her she might as well keep it?? anyway, it is locked, my daughter created an Itunes account in my sil name and start over but the Ipad wont unlock, it just says Ipad is disabled. I figured I would ask here too see if anyone knew how to unlock it,I know there are a lot of informative people on PY! when we connected to Itunes it said it was Abdu's Ipad so i told my sil not to feel too bad about keeping it.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds WAY too fishy for me. There is an app to locate the ipad by the original owner and/or a way to make it call home, per se. There is a serial number on the ipad that apple should be able to trace. This is an expensive item and should be returned to it's owner. Contact apple and they can help locate the rightful owner. Do not keep this.

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 12-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If you do end up keeping it, apparently you can reformat and put Windows or Android OS on it, so it would be like wiping out the hard drive on your home computer. Can't tell you how it's done, but there are plenty of YouTube vids, so someone has probably written a decent tutorial. I suspect you use a USB drive rather than CD.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gtoMN View Post
Sounds WAY too fishy for me. There is an app to locate the ipad by the original owner and/or a way to make it call home, per se. There is a serial number on the ipad that apple should be able to trace. This is an expensive item and should be returned to it's owner. Contact apple and they can help locate the rightful owner. Do not keep this.
X2.

Turbo 535, CV 1 heads.

Built by Cerralli Competition Engines

Tenth Anniversary (Van Nuys) restored.
Tenth Anniversary Barn Find (Norwood)
Both 4 speeds!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

give it to me,,ill give it back

Old 12-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

send me the serial number and I'll locate the original owner

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 12-24-2011, 10:20 AM

Didn't see a serial # on it, I gave it back to her and told her she should contact apple. This is about an $800 iPad, i hope it gets returned! Thanks

Old 12-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If the owner registered the iPad, Apple will be able to pull up the owners info. Your sister should be able to walk into an Apple store and a rep should be able to help her. The serial number is located on the back in very small numbers and letters. If it was mine I would sure offer your sister an reward.