Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Suspended

Guys....lets not argue. Only thing that will happen is they'll close this thread down. crustysarge will do what he feels he needs to, and thats just the way it is. As for everyone else, how many times have we seen the same things expressed? A lot. Ron will keep trying and hopefully even those who can no longer use them can at least sell them. Far better than getting nothing.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM

Any requests for the order on which headers are going out cant be had. With the very few sales the funds are used in a way that can get the most for the buck. So that being said the closest is always cheapest to send.

Also depends on if some step forward with the shipping, which some have & they have been sent out just like was posted. Those guys are now enjoying there headers plain & simple. They will be getting that shipping back to them soon & is only depending on sales. Sure don't sound like a crook.

Those that make comments like "I'm not paying for shipping or coating" like it will be lost are just prolonging this needlessly. Its not lost & shouldn't be stated in any such way to say he's a crook. Ron has made really hard decisions to make sure things keep moving despite how badly it makes him look. He's definitely not a politician.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 PM

Default Pictures

Hey OldBlue...
Did you quit hugging them long enough to take any Pics yet ??

Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 PM

Ducks Goat "It's not the buyers fault reguardless of when ordered or by who they were to be made, as long as they paid what was asked of them."

I disagree. You see it on ebay all the time. People buy from sellers with poor feedback ratings all the time and expect better treatment than those that did not. I've did it myself. You have to weigh the cost your saving to how much hassle your willing to deal with. In most cases you get what you pay for. In this case, more so, eventually. It's called shopping around. Don't get me wrong, I was plenty mad after the first couple of months as well.

I've had a couple of experiences with far more sizable companies such as Hurst and Centerline where a shift stick took 16 months and a set of wheels took 6 months to get. Surprise, surprise, who'd of thunk.

Last edited by ramair3; 01-11-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Quoting from another user
Old 01-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Senior Chief

Aron you have a PM.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtracer58 View Post
Hey OldBlue...
Did you quit hugging them long enough to take any Pics yet ??
Not yet. What I ended up with for a plan is to bolt them onto my spare 455 for pics. The only way I have room to do that in my tiny garage is to back my car out and roll the engine stand out on the floor to do that. The only place I have to put them for now is on the luggage rack on the car - still in the box. I likely won't have time to do this till weekend, so it'll probably be Saturday afternoon. Don't beat me up too bad K?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Look, I here sob stories every day in my line of work. I really don't care, make a deal, keep the deal.

If Ron wants it right send me my money back. If he does not have it all at once then make payments and tell me how much and when and then do it.

I really enjoy how people make this the buyer's fault and poor old Ron who has our money would be in jail in most other scenarios.

No matter how you slice it, when you take money for a product and make a commitment to deliver goods (a contract in my world) and then don't deliver and stop communicating that is theft. People go to jail or get court judgements in the grown up world. You can sugar coat it all you want.

Like I said in the past, I would love to see you pay Summit racing, then Summit never delivers, never tells you anything, but delivers other people's like item, and then asks for more money to cover an expense you alread paid for. How would you react??? Just because it is poor old Ron makes no difference.

You can attempt to make me out to be the bad guy all you want. If you fear your headers will be in jeopardy because of my actions then so be it. Pay me the money Ron owes me and we'll call it even.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have so mutch confidense in Ron that im willinly to sell of the curend set of new in the box Tri-y headers i alredy got they are 1 3/4 round ports for sec gen f body and 68/70 A body.
i wil order a new set of headers, and sponser someone els in line to get theres!!. if intrested contact me tru pm. headers are in the usa at my engine builders place buyer pays shipping.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Suspended

Nobody here is a thief. Not Ron, not crustysarge.....nobody. This thing where someone owes money or product can make people angry. I understand completely. Whatever crustysarge feels he has to do....he will. Back to business.

oldblueponcho was an old, old order. As with the rest, they are going out 1 by one.

If anyone needs a set of Tri-y's ready to ship tomorrow......Roadrage David has a set right here in the US, in the box. Send him a PM and its on its way.

Anyone else wants a set too......hurry! I'm not kidding when I say the price may change any time.

jesse.....please give me a call, I PMed my # to you.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
jesse.....please give me a call, I PMed my # to you.

Didn't get a PM.
Try again, shoot me an e-mail or call.

Jess

Old 01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post

oldblueponcho was an old, old order. As with the rest, they are going out 1 by one.
Just to make things clear on my headers. As Aron said my order was an old one. I ordered my headers the summer of 06. I repaid the shipping on them also. If there's any further doubt in anybody's mind, I fully intend to order a set of O port headers in the next couple of months once my budget recovers from Christmas.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have watched this thread from the beginning , good , and bad, And even tho I have not myself ordered a set I would have to say trying to stop Ron now would not be the right move ,cause everybody involved would loose their money and their chance at getting header's, However I do understand how it is to have a project and not be able to finish cause of hold ups, That in itself is very frustrating.The thing Ron has never did was stop trying! There is very few people in the world that would do what he has and is still doing!! He could have walked away years ago as his wife said, but he didn't! The way I see it if there living basically like they are then pay the shipping for your headers to help them out, whats another 50 bucks when u have already vested 5-700? Least you will have your headers and then u don't have to worry about it anymore. Putting Ron in jail is not the answer, maybe it would make some feel better , but what about all the others waiting? The way I see it their a great product and anyone that has them is very happy with them! JMO

2017, 74 firebird -3600 lbs (all bests) 1.33 60 ft, 6.314@108.39 9.950@134.32
M/T 275/60 ET SS Drag Radial

2023,(Pontiac 505) 1.27 60 ft, 5.97@112.86, 9.48@139.31.... 275/60 Radial Pro's
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 PM

Right on Grandville ....................

Old 01-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It is on him to communicate. Sound simple to me. All he has to do is tell us something instead of messengers doing it.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry Grandville but it'll be a little more than $50 in my case since I paid for coating the first go around, that means I'd have to pay for shipping and coating again.

1967 Firebird 400 bench seat, deluxe interior, auto
1965 GTO 462, KRE unported D-port heads, Bullet 234/244 cam, th400, tight 10" converter, 3.73 gears, 87 octane, 3440 lbs. empty,1.59 60ft, 7.159@95.33 (1/8), a real daily driver, been totaled, rolled 3 times, hit a tree airborne.
1961 Catalina 2 door htp
1960 Ventura 4 door htp wife's car
1960 B'ville 2 door htp
1960 Catalina Wagon wife's car too
Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Aron or RA5girl. if i send you money for shipping can Ron get mine built this month?

Thanks
Dewayne

Old 01-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have not recieved any communication from Ron Watt. I tried to PM him but his box will not accept messages. I made one last attempt and emailed him again but doubt he will respond.

Just so everyone understands, I am taking legal action starting next week. Ron Watt chooses this course of action, not me. His failure to provide contracted services, a reimbursement, or even communicate with me (us) is his own doing.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Suspended

Dewayne....I am really still very confused where your order is concerned. You can PM me, but I have no idea at this point if you are waiting for 2" or 1 3/4.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Suspended

Guys....honestly, if we argue or get heated in here we are going to do nothing but get this thread shut down. crustysarge is going to do whatever he feels he must, and the rest of us do what we think is best. Lets not do this ok?

Old 01-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Suspended

I understand your feelings John, but I know from experience that these conversations in here just degenerate. curstysarge is not going to be convinced by you. In fact, it may just make him more hell bent on doing what he says. I have offered to try and get his headers to a coater and make it happen, but he doesnt want to take a partial and temporary further loss to get the headers on their way. And I cant blame him.

Best thing to do is hope he has a change of heart, but in the meantime we just proceed as best we can. I'm a friend of Ron's too.

Closed Thread