Old 01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hemmings '70 Judge vert

Nice car!

http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/...rs_guide1.html

Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like it how they say the standard motor was the 400/350. Who edits these "Buyer's Guides?"

Old 01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, very straight car!

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Real pretty car and very detailed. Do look at the hood tach where it was painted green at the lense when its suppose to be black. Even on a very high dollar resto there are items to be missed I guess.

67 Bonneville 428 convertible one of one Verdoro green w/parchment, documented GM brass hat parade car with every option for 67, non running MAJOR future project.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This car is extremely extremely nice, however there are a few minor details that I would
have to correct if it was mine. The hood tach needs to go in the dumpster. The green
paint on the front would be easy to fix, the giant bow in the middle of the front where
it meets the hood would be impossible to fix. Next up, the carpet has too large a hump
in the center, causing all sorts of wrinkling in the shifter area. The finish on the rim of the
wood sport wheel is totally the wrong color. The original Sandlewood interiored GTO's
that I have worked on had a much darker and browner dash than depicted in the photos.
I'm not sure if there was a variation on this from the factory, perhaps Paul would know
about this. Although it's technically correct the way it is, I would have to index the valve
stems and center caps on the wheels so that they are all in the same spot in relation to the
lettering on the tires(I'm a serious car show guy if you hadn't guessed!) The horn relay is
missing it's plastic cover. Other than these small items, the car is drop your pants gorgeous
as near as I can tell from the photos, and an extremely valuable car. Did any else notice in
the before resto photos that the doors were off another car? The original yellow paint was
on the middle of the inside of the doors in the before photos.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It would appear the interior is actually a light green vinyl, as is the dashpad. The steering wheel color is one of two shades I've seen. My own woodgrain wheel is darker all around and is off a 1969. I have seen others this color but can't say whether they're refinished or original. The carpet install is sloppy, too far backward. The rubber floor pad should just about touch the gas pedal, probably why the shifter area is all hunched up.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Senior Chief

The car had been painted Orbit Orange at one time, I believe I have photos somewhere.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtojon View Post
The car had been painted Orbit Orange at one time, I believe I have photos somewhere.
If this car was orbit orange at one time, I know this car......It belonged
to a member of my Pontiac club in Dallas who passed away a few years ago. He had it
for about 15 years and it was painted orbit orange and had a bench seat interior
in sandlewood from the factory with A/C and a four speed and I recall him telling
me back in 1990 that the car used to be green. That explains the orbit orange paint on the inside of the doors
in the before restoration photos.

Last edited by gtohurstjudge; 01-19-2012 at 07:20 PM.