Old 02-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMS1 View Post
thanks for the post brought back memories for me, I was just trying to find my original ad in which I bought my 69 CR judge from. I bought it Feb 15 1998, ad was in the special interest bargain news ct, car was in LI. I came very close to buying a very nice green 69 Nova SS L78, he had a 427 motor in it but the original block came with it. I checked it out 1 weekend agreed on a price told him I would be back the following week, brought a 10k bank check and some cash, and he told me he couldnt do a bank check, cash only never told me this ahead of time. So told him I would be back with cash sometime the following week, called to confirm the date and time, and the guy decides to change the price on me, so I told him then deals off not interested anymore, I paid for a flatbed and this guys time the 1st time I was going to pick it up. So stumbled across a ad for a beautiful ca 69 gto judge, not knowing a whole lot about them, just knew it was rare and I was determined to get my 1st muscle car, I checked it out took a test drive, gave him a $100 deposit, went to the local book store read everything I could about Judges and drivetrain #'s, came back the following week paid the rest in full. Lucked out and got a nice car.
By any chance, is this a "z" cali car that you bought in West Islip?, just wondering if this was my car that I sold(like an idiot)???

Old 02-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Bought a 69 4sp Judge in 1986 for $600. He never advertised it as a Judge but told me about the decals on the phone.

System missing; only the RA bracket was left. Had headers and smoked bad with a miss on the driver’s side. Turned out to be a broken piston. Pulled the engine and removed that head only. Pulled the piston and rod and just stuck in another 400 piston and rod - did nothing else to the engine.

Drove it for 2 years straight including winters with studded snow tires. They make burn out sparks . Spent almost every summer weekend at Norwalk with it. Would run low 14’s at 98mph fairly consistent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 Judge Ad.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	274871   Click image for larger version

Name:	69 Judge Reciept.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	274872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Orange Judge.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	274873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Orange Judge back.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	274874  

Old 02-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well bought!

When you sold it how much did it sell for?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

$2800. (Way too cheap today!) The guy I sold it to had it about 4 months before running a red light and hitting a car head on. Ran into him last summer and he still has it in his garage the same way. Going to start fixing it anyday.

Short story. The night I got it, we were having our usual BS session at my dad’s shop. One of the guys pulled in a 67 400 FB he just bought with a RA2 engine. (another story, I went with him to pick it up and the 68 FB that the drivetrain came from was sitting there destroyed).

Well he is laughing at the way it is running, so I point to the road. My father’s shop was on a 5 lane road. Couple guys block the road and we line them up. Only reason I did it was I knew he sucked at driving a stick. Of course he took so long to shift 1-2 that I was already 3 cars ahead and not looking back. One hour later we found the dead hole which added more fuel to the fire.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is an awesome story! I love these old ads and stories. Check out the ad for the 69 Roadrunner several ads above your Judge ad..."...street legal and fastest one in town!" I remember seeing that in ads all the time and I mostly knew the car being advertised. Everybody thought theirs was the fastest one. That's what made Friday and Saturday nights so much fun!

BJ