THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 PM

We bought an old home (1840's) in the early 70's, and lived there for more than twenty years. Much earlier, a woman died in the house - she was in a wheelchair and could not move around on her own. The lady helping her was using cleaning products and created a gas that killed the woman in the wheelchair.

One morning as I was waking up, I was in an upstairs bedroom and it was daylight. I was the only person at home. I was on my right side, with my back to the doorway (the door was open). I got the feeling someone was watching me, and I turned over to look at the doorway. I caught just the side of a white dress as it moved away from the doorway. The only way what ever it was could go without being seen was down the stairs because I could see along the hallway. The stairs had several squeaks in them, so I know nothing went down the stairs, but as I jumped up and went to the doorway, there was nothing there. Scary.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo View Post
We bought an old home (1840's) in the early 70's, and lived there for more than twenty years. Much earlier, a woman died in the house - she was in a wheelchair and could not move around on her own. The lady helping her was using cleaning products and created a gas that killed the woman in the wheelchair.

One morning as I was waking up, I was in an upstairs bedroom and it was daylight. I was the only person at home. I was on my right side, with my back to the doorway (the door was open). I got the feeling someone was watching me, and I turned over to look at the doorway. I caught just the side of a white dress as it moved away from the doorway. The only way what ever it was could go without being seen was down the stairs because I could see along the hallway. The stairs had several squeaks in them, so I know nothing went down the stairs, but as I jumped up and went to the doorway, there was nothing there. Scary.
There you go...

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 03-10-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gtoMN View Post
There you go...
There you go - what?

Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just awakened from sleep and you "see" paranormal activity. Coming out of sleep, the mind plays many tricks on a person, often thinking that one is seeing something that is not there... The transition between dream state and awake state is not instantaneous...

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Just awakened from sleep and you "see" paranormal activity. Coming out of sleep, the mind plays many tricks on a person, often thinking that one is seeing something that is not there... The transition between dream state and awake state is not instantaneous...
What you say could be true, but because I was awake enough to feel that someone was looking through the open doorway, and make the decision to roll over and look toward the doorway, I should have been fully awake by then. Oh well, I have no proof, just adding my $.02 to the posts.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you guys have any questions just ask me ..... I rarely tell anyone ...but .... I AM A GHOST. So I have some insight into the nether world of ghostly things.

But DON'T ask me to contact someone that has passed. Jeez, sometimes it's like the guy who says ...."where are you from?" I say "New York". He says ..."I know someone named Bill Smith from New York, do you know him?"

A LOT of people have passed, the odds that I know your friend or relative are very small. In fact I have a small circle of ghost buddies that I hang with most of the time. I'm not the most sociable ghost, I don't drink, I only do hauntings very rarely. Most of the time I'm just playing cards or watching TV shows like "Alive Person Hunter", or "Normal Activities", "Person in the Machine", yeah I know, it's not high brow stuff, but I was buried next to a trailer park ok.
Johnny(Ghost)B.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I grew up living in a fairly rural area about 4 miles from a mid-size town. There was a lot of open land and farm land, and small ranch houses dotted the area. The road I lived on was about a mile long and connected two rural 2-lane roads. There were about five houses on it at the time.

My best friend lived in one of the houses,and we rode bikes up and down the roads constantly. We were about 12 yrs old at the time.

At the end of the road, there was an old wooden shack with a tin roof. It hadn't been lived in for years and was in poor shape. The grass was pretty high, and there were no trees in the yard.

On a couple of occasions just before it got dark, we saw what looked like a faint white glow that moved along the porch. I've always been the cautious one, and there was no way I was going into that old house close to dark.

One day my buddy and I went into the house to see what was in there. The front door windows were broken and the door wasn't locked, so we went in. Some old furniture had been left there, but it was mostly empty. In the back bedroom, there was roll of what looked like carpet wrapped in plastic and taped up. I kicked it, and it seemed heavy. It really stunk in there, and our parents had told us to stay out of the old house because it wasn't safe, so we left quickly.

Some time later, I don't remember if it was weeks or months, but we were coming home from school and there were cops crawling all over the place. Our parents told us that some older boys had gone into the house, and found a body wrapped in carpet and plastic.

I'm not clear on the whole story, but I believe the house and land belonged to a lady who inherited it. She lived out of state, and she had been telling everyone her husband had left her. It was her husband who was wrapped in the plastic.

My buddy and I were convinced we saw a ghost, and after that we would not go by the house anywhere near dark. We went by very quickly during daylight. The house was either burnt or demolished a few months later, and we never saw anything after the body was found.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:41 PM

Belive what you may, there are alot of interesting books on the subject of past lives, some times they have been able to provide proof that is very hard to dispute, such as the young boy that loved planes and had night mares about fire so bad his parents took him to therapy. The story of how he was a fighter pilot in WWII and was shot down around Japan, he was able to provide the dates and times and the names of the other fighter pilots that flew with him. He was shot down and died when his plane went down in flames. He provided details of the time that no one else knew except the others with him. They were able to document this all. Just one of many.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I know several people who have choked Ghosts to death when they got too bothersome.

Seriously, I can answer all questions about ghosts ....and not a person on earth can prove me wrong.
JohnnyB

Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 PM

Dataway,
There was a man that might have proved you wrong but he has past on. He lived in a house that was haunted. Well respected, was a teacher and mayor. He had a standing bet with any one that wanted to try to spend the night in the coal room in the basement of the house. The bet was 100.00 that they could stay in the room overnight and not come out before 6 am. Many tried none were able to. Most told of extreme cold and foggy figures appearing before being pushed out.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have more than one story and would like to believe its just me hallucinating but I don't drink (unless at a wedding) or do any kind of drugs at all. I am 22 btw. I was raised catholic but am not particularly religious. I am superstitious though, I believe in malocchio (google it) and the rest of my family isn't like me except for my grandparents and the other old timers.

I live in a brand new house. But sometimes when I am home alone I catch a glimpse of a little girl running by my room door in a white dress. I would like to think its my mind playing tricks on me.

Theres a local forest near my house. A number of years ago a young girl was murdered and raped there on her birthday under the bridge/water area. They say if you go there on her birthday and recite her name 7 times that you will hear her laugh or scream. My stupid brother and a bunch of other momos went but heard nothing. One night driving through there real slow, not looking to hear noises, windows down, dead of night, no music on. My friend and I both heard a little girl laughing. At first I thought it was my imagination as we drove over the bridge, but then he turned to me and said "did you hear that?" thats when I knew it wasn't just me. We get to the parking lot, and no cars are there (there usually are, people selling drugs, sex, cops, etc) but it was empty. Being curious we decided to go down the path under the bridge to check it out. We got down there and noone was around (were talking 12 at night pitch darkness). I have never sprinted so fast in my entire life up a hill....

I have a few more but don't want to type them or think about them right now...I don't like this stuff, but imo once you experience it you learn to live with it. Noone knows about my stories experiences except me, because I know noone I know would believe me.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddygoat View Post
Dataway,
There was a man that might have proved you wrong but he has past on. He lived in a house that was haunted. Well respected, was a teacher and mayor. He had a standing bet with any one that wanted to try to spend the night in the coal room in the basement of the house. The bet was 100.00 that they could stay in the room overnight and not come out before 6 am. Many tried none were able to. Most told of extreme cold and foggy figures appearing before being pushed out.
Well, sounds kind of boring, as I AM a ghost, and so I am surrounded by them all the time. The fog, the cold, the clinking chains .....the new guys loving doing that, but it gets old after a while. Once the new ghosts realize that never in the history of human kind has any ghost been able to physically harm a human they eventually get tired of just scaring them, and start a poker night or something. Hey I don't make the rules, but the rule IS, no ghost can harm a human, so I don't know what you people are always on about ...it's just a few of the boys having some fun.

Actually it's getting crowded lately, the bus to heaven broke down last week and you can't find a room anywhere so everyone is camping out in cellars, old houses, graveyards, and on the set of Jersey Shore (cause they heard that's going to be dead shortly). There's enough ghost turds around here to stuff a mattress.

Seriously though, I promise none of my buddies will do anyone any harm, so don't be so skittish ...maybe ask a ghost to sit down for a spot of tea, none of that mumbo-jumbo please, just a polite "How are you" would be nice for change.

Jeez, I'll probably catch hell from the local shop steward for even telling you guys this stuff. Being ephemeral isn't as easy as it looks.
JohnnyB (B which stands for Boooooo)

Old 03-12-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dillon View Post
Nor "paranormal activity," because such things don't exist. Whatever is the cause of the happenings in your house, there's a logical, real world explanation.

P.S. Mike, why does an infrared DVR work? Have ghosts gone beyond the visible spectrum?

Also, why would ghosts be especially active around the equinox and solstice?

Hey did you guys hear about "the hook?"
Bob, From what I've been told [ I don't actively chase this stuff] by people who participate in "ghost hunting" is that the infrared catches the temp diff created by spirits.

I've seen some interesting videos of places I'm familiar with that are fairly convincing.

It all comes down to what you choose to believe. Most religious people refuse to believe in haunts because it's completely backwards of what the church teachs about heaven and hell.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-12-2012, 12:54 PM

...my wife saw an older lady several times standing at our kids bedroom door, watching the kids sleep...finally, my wife told her the kids were okay and she could go ....haven't seen her in 15 years or so

...asked an older neighbor what the old lady looked like who used to live in our house and the description was exactly like the ghost...and, she had died in the room she was watching our kids sleep in

...I've never seen anything I couldn't explain, but this one baffled me

Old 03-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
boo
GEEZ!!

(...don't do that!).

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 03-12-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
GEEZ!!

(...don't do that!).

K
!!!

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Well, sounds kind of boring, as I AM a ghost, and so I am surrounded by them all the time. The fog, the cold, the clinking chains .....the new guys loving doing that, but it gets old after a while. Once the new ghosts realize that never in the history of human kind has any ghost been able to physically harm a human they eventually get tired of just scaring them, and start a poker night or something. Hey I don't make the rules, but the rule IS, no ghost can harm a human, so I don't know what you people are always on about ...it's just a few of the boys having some fun.

Actually it's getting crowded lately, the bus to heaven broke down last week and you can't find a room anywhere so everyone is camping out in cellars, old houses, graveyards, and on the set of Jersey Shore (cause they heard that's going to be dead shortly). There's enough ghost turds around here to stuff a mattress.

Seriously though, I promise none of my buddies will do anyone any harm, so don't be so skittish ...maybe ask a ghost to sit down for a spot of tea, none of that mumbo-jumbo please, just a polite "How are you" would be nice for change.

Jeez, I'll probably catch hell from the local shop steward for even telling you guys this stuff. Being ephemeral isn't as easy as it looks.
JohnnyB (B which stands for Boooooo)
I heard there's a van down by the river that's haunted.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
Bob, From what I've been told [ I don't actively chase this stuff] by people who participate in "ghost hunting" is that the infrared catches the temp diff created by spirits.

I've seen some interesting videos of places I'm familiar with that are fairly convincing.

It all comes down to what you choose to believe. Most religious people refuse to believe in haunts because it's completely backwards of what the church teachs about heaven and hell.

Mike
So break out your PS32 or FirstMate and give it a look-see.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Been away on vacation for a week.
In my case the noises have been heard by 3 sane wide awake people. I am also religious. I don't really know my church's view on ghosts,but it's not really an issue.
Logical explanation,maybe. I'm not into ghost chasing,but I'll have to see what happens from here on out.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Senior Chief

I used to have a bunch of weird things happen to me when I was in my late teens early 20s but 2 really stand out in my memory.
We grew up in a house that was built in 1912 and had had a wake of one of the 1st owners as they used to do back in the day.
When I was in highschool my sister and I would walk home at different times because we were both in diferent afterschool functions. We were latch key kids.
Well one day after school my girlfriend and I went to my house to "study" because we knew my sis was busy and my parents were working. We got home, I locked the door (skeleton keys 4 the whole house) from the inside and we went downstairs to "study".
We were midway through "the lesson" and we heard someone walk up the old wood porch, unlock the door, open it, close it and then footsteps to the center of the house then they stopped. I thought my sister came home early sooo I got myself together and went up to see who it was,,,,, no one in the house and the back door was still locked.....

The other time I had gotten a job during the summer delivering furniture for a company next door to my dads stained glass studio.
I got to work early on sat morning (rare) and was doing the normal morning prep work like trash, filling soda machine and a lil dusting.
The phone rang and as part of my dutys I answered the it, the lady said she was wanting my boss to come and raise the picture she bought up a lil bit more above the sofa. (normal for the store)
I said ok, took her name, number and told her my boss would get back to her in the afternoon she said that was fine and was in no real hurry.
I leave at noon on saturdays. Before I left, I gave Court the list of that and all the other phone calls I took that morning.
I got in to work on monday and Court was on me asking questions right off the bat. He asked if I got the right name and number, I said yes she repeated it 2 times.
He then told me that when he called, asked 4 the woman that called me, the ladys roomate answered the phone and told Court that her roomate had died 3 months earlier..

There are more but these are still really very vivid in my mind and freaked me out..