THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Kimber has a new model out called the Solo 9mm. It looks like a compact 1911 with all the edges and corners radiused. Looks like it will hold 6 in the mag with 1 in the chamber. Might be worth a look for a concealed carry handgun.

Springfield's new XDs might be worth a look too...in .45ACP and only 1" wide and looks to be 6" or less in total length.

http://xdspistol.com/

Old 04-23-2012, 07:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up

I have a Kel-Tec PF9 9mm I carry in the summer.Small gun,takes some getting used to,but very easy to conceal.

For the cooler months,I have a Glock 30 .45.I absolutly love this gun.

I have shot many pistols,and the Glock feels like 'home'.

Next pistol purchase will be the Glock .357.

Be safe.

Ken French Built Chassis

Carlquist Competition Engines IA2 505
Competition CNC Ported Super Chiefs
CCE Ported Gustram
Twin Dominators from Shaker 455
963 HP

`09 Electra Glide Standard.

`03 F-350 7.3 6-speed 4x4 Crew Cab Dually.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Semi Autos, Most don't fit my hands well.

Mike
Have you tried the M&P yet? They have different backstrap inserts for different sized hands(comes with 3 sizes)

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Smile

HK USP in 9MM, and a Ruger mark III 22/45.

I have a 15-round mag for the HK but it's really kinda heavy with it, so I also have a coupla 10-round mags.

I need to shoot it more. I usually wind up taking the Ruger to the range. I just like shooting the .22 more. It's supposed to have the grip and feel of the 1911 and it does seem pretty close.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Revolvers:

I have a Taurus 357 magnum with a 6" barrel. It's about 10 yrs old. I believe it is a Model 941, Blue.

I have a Taurus 9-shot chrome plated 22 cabilber pistol with a 6" barrel.

I have a 1943 Mosin Nagant Russian military rifle.

I have a late 1800's Nagant 7.62 mm military pistol that belonged to my dad.

I haven't gotten around to getting a concealed carry permit, but I plan to do that within the coming year.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hand guns never did much for me, I perfer long guns that can reach out 200+ yards. I do have one hand gun however, a Erma Luger .22LR I bought at a JC Penny store in 1968. Hard to believe in this day and age that at one time you and the wife could go into a JCP and the wife could pick up some curtains and you could walk out with a hand gun.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Springfield XDM 40. My carry weapon will be the S&W Bodyguard 380.

1966 GTO Hardtop - PS 14.84 @ 97mph
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 AM

Smith & Wesson 1006 10mm
AMT automag IV 10mm magnum

Daan

Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 AM

I have 2 handguns now. An older Ruger P-89 9 mil. Thousands of rounds through it, never a jam or misfire. To big to carry concealed, but Guns magazine wrote a great article about it. They said that it was a great gun, shot very consistently, and no jams. They also said that when you ran out of ammo you could also use it as a club . 2 years ago my wife bought me a Taurus pt 24/7 pro c. I have probably shot 500-600 rounds though it and had 2 jams so far. The Taurus is pretty small and is what I use for concealed carry. I carry it while in shorts with a t-shirt. I side carry it in an Uncle Mikes holster that is really comfy.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierced mikey View Post
Have you tried the M&P yet? They have different backstrap inserts for different sized hands(comes with 3 sizes)
Not yet but normally by the time it feels right most're hard to conceal.

As stated above a revolver feels like home to me. I know for a fact that the bore on a .357 mag will send someone running away without a shot. If I need to fire it it's got enough stopping power to put most people on the ground. I seriously doubt more than 5 would be fired in most situations anyway. If needed I always have a few extra rounds stashed when I carry.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I carry a Steyr M40 40 cal. Fits my hand.
I also own a blue Ruger Redhawk 44 mag, Ruger MKII .22 cal with bull barrel, Ruger 10/22 .22 cal rifle and a 20ga Ted Williams single shot I've had since I was 12.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:32 AM

I just picked up a nice little Taurus 22 revolver for teaching newbies the basics.

I have a few other guns too.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 PM

I have a SKS with a 30 round banana clip that we just put about a 100 rounds through last weekend. The SKS is so easy to breakdown and clean. I have a 30-30 that is also a fun gun to shot, when you have semi-autos it makes you forget some rifles have a kick. A little .22 rifle but a little boring to shot. The a handgun from Hi-point 380 that I inheireted from my brother in law. It looks like a toy gun but shots great and once again easy to break down. This past weekend all these weapons had rounds through them. It is getting harder to find a place to shot weapons in the past you could just head to the mountains and let some rounds go.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM

I live in Mass and im sure its too big of a hassle to even apply for a permit ...

Old 04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Love my basic Redhawk. Takes anything you can throw at it.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have several Ruger Handguns. I flat out love my SR9 9mm. Damn thing is accurate as hell and has never jammed or stoved a round and thats with shooting the cheap chit ammo!
I also have a Mark II .22 bullnosed pistol and that think also is deadly accurate!
I just like the feel and quality of the Rugers.
Love them Browning Rifles also!

Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob67firebird428 View Post
I live in Mass and im sure its too big of a hassle to even apply for a permit ...
It's not as bad as you think, I'm in Mass too. Check out www.massfirearmsschool.com/ it's a 4 hour class

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a few in here......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1645.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	282510  

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 04-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Ruger MKII .22 cal with bull barrel,
Yeah, but can you field-strip it?

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 04-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Mikey -

I carry the S+W M&P .40c for the same reason you mention...its as close to a Glock as you can get. Mass trigger is 10.5lbs...a long pull. If its swapped to normal S+W 6.5l lbs it would be a better weapon. But since that is the guns only safety, its not that big of a deal. Great gun for the money. Gun Tests Mag (Consumer Reports type pub) gave it an A-. You wont be disappointed. Its only drawback (like most .40s and .45s) is its a difficult Summer carry weapon. Its just a little bulky to be hidden by a tshirt.

I also carry a Ruger SRC 9. Also a great weapon. Easier to conceal, lighter trigger but less stopping power. I haven't looked at Mass laws for a while but a buddy of mine is seeing new and used H&Ks come on the market. Might be worth looking into those too.

Did you go to the gun show in Holbrook this past weekend? If not, you missed a heck of a show..

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread