Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default After shopping around PY comes through!!

I've been shopping around for sheet metal for my resto. PY's prices were higher than most everyone so they were off my radar until a board member pointed out the price matching.

I called in and spoke with PAM. She looked up each part and price matched nearly everything I wanted. She was also knowledgeable about the products as well. I've called lots of other vendors and I had a few even argue with me... Shopping with PY and Pam was a pleasurable experience -(at least till I saw the total! )- haha...

If you're on the fence, PY is the place to go...

Thanks again, Pam and PY!

Old 03-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Thanks for taking the time to post this message here. The customer service staff always gets a lift from a post like this.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It was my pleasure to do so. I always try to make sure to give praise where it is due.

I will also be posting my findings once I receive my order. I want to be able to tell people about the quality of the products and about the ease of installation. Hopefully, it's all as good as the service! :)

Old 03-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostmaster View Post
I will also be posting my findings once I receive my order. I want to be able to tell people about the quality of the products and about the ease of installation. Hopefully, it's all as good as the service! :)
Well I hope that doesnt change your mind! ;) Unfortunately there's quite a few products out there that don't quite fit like the originals. It's just part of the restoration hobby. We try to let everyone know with notes in our catalog and explain when orders are placed but we just can't cover it all. If you run into an item that isn't living up to expectations, call us and we can confirm whether it's like that on all or you just got a bad one.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Suspended

Default WHY WHY WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to know why PY doesn't make more stuff for the 73-77 abodies. Please don't give me the same old TRIED story that the people who own these style of cars are just to cheap. Because that in it self is such a big crock of s*i*. Evertime I read that from one of the other people who either make the kind of stuff we need to, or be it from the others on this & other sites who don't have a clue.We the owners of the 73-77 A-Body cars probley spend more money on these cars then the poeple who are building the 64-72 A-Bodys. And the reason for that is very plain to see. Our parts cost more because we can't just go out & order them from a catalog like everyone else can.So our parts cost twice as much because the parts that are out there no one wants to let go of them just in case they need them at another time. So I'm here to Plead the case for all of us 73-77 owners, PLEASE make some parts for our cars too. Your missing out on a very large amount of sales & money by not making our parts. Parts are now being made for buick riv's & big caddys, & even 1st. & 2nd. gen Grand Prix. But now 73-77 Lemans / GTO stuff. We make up a lot of the buying public & it would make you a big profit & a lot of VERY HAPPY people if you made parts for us, so come on get with it, make some parts for us too.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So, after a little while, most everything is on the car. The floors were great- My body shop was thrilled with the ease of install, the full trunk went in nicely as well in addition to the tail panel...

Now my small issue:
When affixing the 66 quarter skins to the 67, we also had ordered the trunk extensions. One came in plain metal the other came with edp coating (no biggie).

Lets take a look at the fitment:
Notice the left side has about 1" difference (looks relatively close to stock- not exactly, though)

Notice the right side. About a 2" gap all the way down. Really? The extension is labeled as a 66-67 part! My shop is insisting that I must have been sent the wrong part even though it's labeled as the correct part. Can PY fix this for me???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tempest rear June 27, 2012 015.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	292543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tempest rear June 27, 2012 012.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	292544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tempest rear June 27, 2012 013.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	292545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tempest rear June 27, 2012 014.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	292546  

Old 07-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Administrator

The extension is a 1966 and requires modification for 1967 cars. It was cost prohibitive for the mfg to make two separate toolings. There is an online note under both sides of this component.