Old 07-10-2012, 03:14 PM

Default Flowkooler Hat

I purchased a Flowkooler pump and noticed that it has a hat welded to the impeller blades. Does this change the clearance necessary to the divider plate. Or is the divider plate unneccessry when running the Flowkooler?

Old 07-11-2012, 07:50 PM

I put a flowkooler on my car and clearenced the divider plate to it. I don't know if it was the flowkooler or clearancing the plate but it does run slightly cooler now but not much better than before. I'm thinking of ditching the flowkooler and trying an original style pump with the cast impeller.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Suspended

Went to a POCI meeting this evening and another member commented on FlowKooler water pump quality and warrenty after the sale experience.

They essentially told him why dont you go buy one from NAPA.

he did.

It takes real guts to be that honest with your customers.

Last edited by Pontirag; 07-12-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslcar View Post
I put a flowkooler on my car and clearenced the divider plate to it. I don't know if it was the flowkooler or clearancing the plate but it does run slightly cooler now but not much better than before. I'm thinking of ditching the flowkooler and trying an original style pump with the cast impeller.
I'm trying to make sense of your post.
You say it runs cooler,and then you say you're thinking of ditching the Flowkooler and getting an original.
Please explain. Thanks

Old 07-25-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967SC View Post
I'm trying to make sense of your post.
You say it runs cooler,and then you say you're thinking of ditching the Flowkooler and getting an original.
Please explain. Thanks
I just mean that it lowered my temp about 5 degrees but my car still runs too hot for my liking. It still gets up to about 210 on the freeway and 220 or more with the A/C on, on a hot day.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Arthur View Post
I purchased a Flowkooler pump and noticed that it has a hat welded to the impeller blades. Does this change the clearance necessary to the divider plate. Or is the divider plate unneccessry when running the Flowkooler?
I spoke to someone @ Flowkooler and they still reccomend using both divider plates.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:17 PM

I can see the necessity for both plares, but is it necessary to adjust the plates?

Old 07-31-2012, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would think that tightening up the clearance between the Pontiac Plate and the Flowkooler plate would still help the situation. Best way to probably look at it is if your clearances are correct, you don't need to bother with the expense of the Flowkooler pump. I don't really like their idea of making it look like their Chevy pump impeller. I can see some guy in the back room saying "well it worked on the Chevy, let's put it on the Pontiac". This is one of those areas where they shouldn't have tried to out-think the engineers. I purchased one when they first came out, and sold it the next week. Kindest thing I can say about it is it didn't make the engine run any hotter.