Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought my decals before yours were available, about 2 years ago. When they were about 6 mos. old, I was adjusting my valves and two drops of oil about the size of a pin head landed on my bird and took the ink right off. I don't think the droplets were too hot 'cause the engine was not that hot plus I think the oil traveling through air must have lowered the temp at least a few degrees. So, I don't know if it was oil itself or the fact that it was hot oil. I wasn't about to experiment. FWIW.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob with the 66 View Post
When will the custom color options be ready?

Or are they, interested in one set for a possible race car application.

How about sliver centers with a green fade. (Remember race car, lol...)
Hi Bob, thank you for your interest!

I can make the custom stripes on order.

It sounds like you are describing a digitally printed custom set of blue stripes where the center field is silver and the gradient (dot fade) is green. What color would you envision the pin stripe to be? Silver or green?

Here's some pictures of some sample digital stripes.

For picking colors, PMS colors would need to be selected from a chart similar to this:

http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm

Silver will probably be a shade of gray. I would suggest visiting your local one day sign shop and look at a color wheel or some printed ink samples to help determine colors. Once selected, I'll be glad to print a sample spoiler stripe for review prior to completing the set.

Since these are made one off, and not production, they are a bit more expensive than the screened concour stripes. PM me if you are interested and I'll provide pricing and some additional information on color selection.

Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1489s.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	297890   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1495s.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	297891   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1496s.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	297892  

Old 09-19-2012, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbirdta View Post
i was flipping thru the current issue of High Performance Pontiac yesterday and noticed a nice little write-up on www.transamstripes.net. way to go G, you know you made it BIG when you get some ink in HPP
Hi Bossbirdta, thank you! That is just too cool right?!

Ummmm.... PAGE 8!! YEAH!

I still cannot thank many of you here enough for the encouragement and technical support to make these the best they could possibly be! Without all of you here and the PY Forums they would likely would not have come to be.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just a plug for Greg's stripes. This is a 70 we just finished paint/stripes on and I got a couple pics as it was leaving today. We've also put a set on a 72. I can say from experience they are excellent pieces, nothing better.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	302027   Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	302028  

Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm getting ready to TEAR OFF that PG CRAP and put on my new stripes from Greg. PIX will be posted for all to enjoy

Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd455hota View Post
Just a plug for Greg's stripes. This is a 70 we just finished paint/stripes on and I got a couple pics as it was leaving today. We've also put a set on a 72. I can say from experience they are excellent pieces, nothing better.
Nice stripes, but um.... that license plate does sort of beg for a bit more commentary on the car than just "hey look at the stripes"....

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 11-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
Nice stripes, but um.... that license plate does sort of beg for a bit more commentary on the car than just "hey look at the stripes"....
Yes I know, I should have taken a shot not showing the plate but the pics were something I thought of after the car was loaded. There was a lot of glare so my angles were limited. I try to be very respectful of the privacy of my customers and what they have. I'll leave details about the car up to the owner to put out. It was fun to have around here and I hated to see it go yesterday but the owner is glad it'll be back with him tomorrow.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Senior Chief

Default Ghost Stripes

Greg requested I post theses here. He help me with the Eagle..
All these pics the Eagle and strip are on the hodd..But since it is ghosted on its hard to see in pictures
Thanks again Greg,

Bert
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	strip a1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	303861   Click image for larger version

Name:	strip a2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	303862   Click image for larger version

Name:	strip a3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	303863   Click image for larger version

Name:	strip a4.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	303864   Click image for larger version

Name:	strip a5.jpg
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	303865  

I want my driveway to look like I'm stuck in the 70's!!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Senior Chief

more
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	strip a6.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	303866   Click image for larger version

Name:	strip a7.jpg
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	303867   Click image for larger version

Name:	strip a8.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	303868   Click image for larger version

Name:	strip a9.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	303869  

I want my driveway to look like I'm stuck in the 70's!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Bert, thanks for posting those pics here. The ghosted stripe and eagle came out great as did the rest of your paint. That's a great color and great looking car!

I'm glad I could be a little help on your project.

I have a couple of other requests for some custom work that I need to get busy on.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are there any plans to expand into some of the other needed areas for Pontiac decals? Like the billboard style used on 73-74 T/As or maybe a much needed Y88 kit for those later year guys.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
Are there any plans to expand into some of the other needed areas for Pontiac decals? Like the billboard style used on 73-74 T/As or maybe a much needed Y88 kit for those later year guys.
Craig, that is a good question. Since the article in HPP came out I have gotten several inquiries for big birds and letters..... Has me thinking.....

In order to consider this I will need someone who will be willing to put on loan or sell a NOS big bird that is in good shape to use for a pattern. I will also need the same for the letters. The bird and letters will have the original premask (transfer paper) removed to show the face of the decal so the artwork can be traced.

If there is someone willing to let go of their NOS bird and letters (even if just on loan), then I suppose we'll be in business on the next chapter of this adventure!

Old 11-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And regarding the 'Stripe Step Up' article in the February issue of HPP:

THANK YOU Rocky Rotella for writing an excellent article and taking great photos. I'm really glad your dad was satisfied with the way the stripes came out on his beautiful '72 Lucy TA.

THANK YOU Steve Schappaugh and MuscleCar Memories for opening up your shop for this Stripe Tear Off and replacement.

And THANK YOU HPP for making this happen. The original 'Show Your Stripes' ad posted in the 'Happenings' section of the December issue of HPP and the 'Stripe Step Up' article this month have been so awesome and helpful for product exposure.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In honor of the HPP 'Stripe Step Up' article detailing the stripe tear off and replacement, I'm going to offer a promotion for others who may be considering replacement of their existing stripes.

If anyone else is considering removing their existing stripes and replacing them with TransAmStripes.net stripes, I'm going to offer a discount of $72 off the retail price of the stripe kit for a tear off or replacement of their existing stripes.

The only requirement to receive this discount is to ball up the removed stripes and mail them back to me. This discount will also extend to those of you who may have a stripe kit sitting in storage and you'd rather use TransAmStripes.net than the kit you previously purchased. Just send the existing kit (still in the tube) to me to receive the discount.

If you are interested in this promotion, then visit www.TransAmStripes.net and click on the 'Buy Now' button, then, during checkout type TEARTHEMOFF in the discount code to receive the $72 discount.

Thanks again to everyone who has and who is considering TransAmStripes.net for their '70~'72 Trans Am stripes application.

Old 11-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Greg, I wanted to wait until the article was published before I commented on your stripe package. I really like the way the whole graphics package turned out; it is fantastic. The previous "electric white" color of my old stripes really clashed with color of the nose bird and the hood scoop. The scoop is painted Cameo White and it was an obvious mismatch when compared to the stripes. I always hated that!

Steve Schappaugh and Ed Dedick did a great job with the tearoff at MuscleCar Memories and their installation of the graphics was done perfectly. Now my car looks just like the pictures of the blue '72 Trans Am that was featured in the September 1972 issue of Cars magazine, right down to the clear border around the stripes. I couldn't be happier with the results!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey all,
Just wanted to bump this thread back up and give some more props to Greg for the awesome job he's done with these stripes. It's great to have folks like him in the hobby!

I finally got off my butt and ordered a set. I'd been a bit lazy about it since it will be years before I actually restore the car. But I'm glad I did, as in discussions with Greg he mentioned that the first batch may be the ONLY batch. It seems the "steady state" demand for these is low enough that it's sort of hard to justify it as an ongoing enterprise when there are expenses like advertising, annual GM Resto Part licensing fees, etc. He's down to less than half of his original run, so for those procrastinating you may want to grab them sooner rather than later!

The stripes are really nicely done, nicely packed, etc. Since mine will be in storage for awhile, I'm following the advice Greg has in the instructions and storing them flat. In my case that's under the bed in the guest room. Drives my wife nuts when I do stuff like that

I also noticed the kit came with an extra "Trans Am" rear spoiler decal. Greg says the production runs were accidentally done this way, and he went ahead and left the other decal in the sets as a bonus at no extra charge. Sweet.

Thanks again, Greg!

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Jim and Keith,
Thank you for your kind comments on these stripe kits. Its very gratifying to know you are pleased with the products. It makes the endevour oh so worth the effort.

Sales continue to be steady, and yes, the inventory from the first lot is dwindling. I'll need to evaluate whether a second lot run will be in the cards or not. I hate to let a good thing go, but I'm afraid the production amount and cost required to do a second run may provide a lifetime supply of product that there may not be the market for. We'll see.

Maybe I could pick up a couple of more suppliers beyond the one's currently carrying these kits.

Keith is right, there is a second Trans Am spoiler decal in the kit. Since the kits were produced that may I passed it on in the kits for the customers use.

Jim, that Sept. '72 issue of Cars Magazine is a good one for sure! I have a copy of it myself.

Thank you to all who have purchased these kits!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I put on my Transamstripes.net roof stripe today. I didn't have my phone nor a camera so no pix. After compounding the roof, cleaning it with the supplied rapid tack product and laying out the placement it took me about 10 minutes to do a professional installation. First spraying the roof with the proper Rapid Tack product, I stripped the backing off the stripe, sprayed it with Rapid Tack, placed it on the roof, slid it into proper position and squeegeed it out.

After pulling the paper off I saw just what a GREAT job Greg did on these stripes. Compared to the PG deck lid stripe still on the car you can see the QUALITY. The Transam.net stripe is not as bright of a white as the PG. I am going to keep the PG stripe on the deck lid for this summer anyway so people can see the difference and see who makes the FINEST 70-72 strip kits out there.

This is the forth stripe kit that I have installed, 2 NOS GM, 1 PG and 1 Transamstripes.net. On the 2 GM kits I used the soapy water method with good results. On the PG set I used their recommended ( how can we make MORE $$$) GEL. In order to make the gel work I needed to thin it a bit, I thought that in the state it was supplied it was unusable. The Rapid Tack that Greg sells worked EXTREMLY WELL and I would recommend it. This stripe went on as well as a NOS stripe. When I pulled the mask of it I had only one small and I mean small bubble near the front of the stripe.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
I put on my Transamstripes.net roof stripe today. I didn't have my phone nor a camera so no pix. After compounding the roof, cleaning it with the supplied rapid tack product and laying out the placement it took me about 10 minutes to do a professional installation. First spraying the roof with the proper Rapid Tack product, I stripped the backing off the stripe, sprayed it with Rapid Tack, placed it on the roof, slid it into proper position and squeegeed it out.

After pulling the paper off I saw just what a GREAT job Greg did on these stripes. Compared to the PG deck lid stripe still on the car you can see the QUALITY. The Transam.net stripe is not as bright of a white as the PG. I am going to keep the PG stripe on the deck lid for this summer anyway so people can see the difference and see who makes the FINEST 70-72 strip kits out there.

This is the forth stripe kit that I have installed, 2 NOS GM, 1 PG and 1 Transamstripes.net. On the 2 GM kits I used the soapy water method with good results. On the PG set I used their recommended ( how can we make MORE $$$) GEL. In order to make the gel work I needed to thin it a bit, I thought that in the state it was supplied it was unusable. The Rapid Tack that Greg sells worked EXTREMLY WELL and I would recommend it. This stripe went on as well as a NOS stripe. When I pulled the mask of it I had only one small and I mean small bubble near the front of the stripe.
Hi Craig, those are nice compliments on the www.Transamstripes.net stripe kit. Thank you very much. I'm glad the install went well for you.

I hope you're going to have your Trans Am at the TA Nat's again this year? Maybe we can pull your car into the TransAmStripes sales area to use for promotion!

As you and many of you that posted here and contributed know, I can't thank everyone enough for providing the inspiration to make this product happen. The compliments on how good they turned out continue to pour in. These boards helped make it happen for sure.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One of the fringe benefits of selling these kits is to meet or at least talk to so many of you that own '70~'72 Trans Ams. It's been rewarding on so many levels.

One of my recent customers purchased a kit for his '72 Lucy TA that he was finishing. His name is Roubine Kibinian, and he is from Beirut Lebanon. Roubine has a very nice collection of Pontiacs in his stable with his number's matching TA. He definitely wins the category for kit furthest shipped!

I've been trying to coax Roubine into joining the boards, and hope he will soon.

Here are some pictures of his car finished in a TransAmStripes.net stripe kit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo5.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	319429   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo1.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	319436   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	319437   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	319438   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo6.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	319439  

Last edited by 165th; 04-11-2013 at 07:59 PM.