Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Scarebird brakes a fraud!

I recently ordered a full front and rear disk brake kit from Scarebird Classic Brakes by email. He sent me instructions for both front and rear kits and gave me a quote of $760. I paid promptly with Paypal, expecting to recieve what I had ordered. Only the front brakes were sent. I never got the rear kit I ordered. This jerk tells me the deal was only for the front brakes and not the rear. Hell, he even sent me instructions for the rear! He doesn't want to give me an invoice.
Are his business tactics legal in the states? I have been ordering parts from many vendors on PY for the last 20 years, to full satisfaction and have always been impressed by their customer service. But I have never had such a horrible experience as with this guy. I will try to get a refund by Paypal, but not sure if I can apply as this was an email order. If there are other ways of getting a refund I will try. Open to suggestions..
I have attached our email correspondence for all to see below.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mr. Scarebird,

It takes a long time to build up a good reputation and only seconds to destroy it. Is this misunderstanding worth tarnishing your good reputation??

Old 12-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I dont see how you could get front and rear disks at that cost. I see some misunderstanding in what was ordered and what was sent.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just got off the phone with Paypal and it turns out I have made a "personal" payment instead of a business transaction. Big mistake as I don't get any help. I never knew you should do that, not very experienced with Paypal.
This jerk probably saw his chance. I will give Mastercard a call but they will probably refer to Paypal. Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Why am I not surprised that you did this?

We made an error and bid just the fronts, it was paid and we sent those components. Mark got those and asked where the rears were. That's when things got ugly. We offered to refund the price minus shipping if he felt we screwed him over. His reply was I was to itemize OUR cost of the components and charge him that - I declined. I did offer him a refund of $120 dollars to offset some of the excess VAT - he declined, he wanted it all for $500 (below our cost).

The disc conversion in question here is for a 60's full size Oldsmobile. To my knowledge nobody else makes anything for it. Professional experience shows me that if our competitors did offer a full front only conversion it would be about $2k - a fact we point out to Mr. Ceria after his cries of us ripping him off.

Unfortunately, these things happen on occasion and I try to rectify them fairly - and usually the other party is willing. But here that was not the case - previous experience has taught me that when somebody threatens to crap on us, they are going to anyway no matter how we resolve the situation. As stated by "rustygoat" front and rears for this cost cannot happen - and I suspect Mark knew this as well but said nothing rather than verify the cost with us...

Closed Thread