Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Default sending unit wire location?

Can anyone tell me where the sending unit wire goes back into the trunk to meet the main harness inside the trunk? I completed a long body-work project on it and I think I eliminated the hole that the wire is supposed to pass through. Can anyone describe or send a pic of where the wire should enter the trunk? It's a 68 convertible. Thanks.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Gas sending unit wire

This is in my '68 GTO convertible. It located to the driver's side of the trunk lid latch, right next to the white license plate light wire. Seems to be 1.5" (center to center) to the passenger side of license plate wire and 3.5" to the driver's side of trunk latch edge. Just drill a small hole, big enough to hold the grommet in place.

I'm assuming the license plate wire hole is still in place in your trunk? If not I can get the front to back measurements as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gas sending unit.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	308621  

Old 01-06-2013, 06:26 PM

Thanks! Thats exactly what I needed.