Old 03-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default WIW 69 LeMans conv.

A friend of mine went to look at a 69 Lemans conv today. This is a one owner, original paint car with 44,000 original miles. He said the car is blue with parchment interior and white conv top. He said the body is in great condition with no rust or dents. The interior is like brand new. The car has always been garage kept since new and was ordered with a 400 4-speed. The car has power windows brakes and steering. My friend wants to buy the car but the owners widow says she has already gotten an offer of $25,000 from a neighbor. He would like to know what to offer on the car in case the owners neighbor can't come up with the $.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think $25k is high for a Lemans... unless it's just in spectacular condition. Hard to really say what it's worth, as lots of little things add up to affect the ultimate value. I'd think that a really clean survivor would be around $15k- maybe up to $20k if really clean.

BTW, no 1969 Lemans was available with a 400. You could get the OHC-6 1bbl., OHC-6 "Sprint" with 4bbl, 350 2bbl., and the top motor was the 350 HO with 4 bbl.
If this car turns out to be an HO car with 4 speed that certainly helps the desirability level... and correspondingly the value.

See if you can get your friend to take some pics of it, sounds like a nice car.

1979 Trans Am 400, 4-speed, 4 wheel disc.

View from the drivers seat racing down Atco Raceway- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYDMdOEC7A

Ride along in the other lane-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIzgpLtF_uw