Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default RPI228C Floor insulation, Just a heads up

Well I am still on the grumpy side due to bad time and a car show comming up soon..
Anyways, I did open up the package of floor insulation today and everything was ready for installation.

I did order the RPI228C, Original tar floor insulation with paper, and thought I would get the original style as advertised by PY, I guess I was wrong, look at the pictures below...

I sent an Email to my sales guy at PY, no answer so I called in, well my guy had a vacation but the guy I talked to did check the RPI228C PY had in stock and all where the same so now my hope is that some one else has the correct one in stock and PY will issue a refund ASAP, that stuff is not getting in my car...

Old 08-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Got an answer from my parts guy at PY quote: We do not carry that other type anymore because of the cost of them getting too high and most people don't care as this is never seen and is under the carpet.

As I am in Norway and the cost would be to high to ship it back I got a partial refund, but maybe it would have been an idea to change the text in the catalog and tell customers that the insulation is not correct when they order it ?

I am doing an original restauration and care what's under my carpet, anyways I did order A215AN from Ames and had them check that it was correct, No problems.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just happend to see this thread. That looks like roofing material cut to use. Is that actually stone on it?

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, stones, very simular to or if not the same as roofing material.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 AM
PY Staff - Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Yes, stones, very simular to or if not the same as roofing material.
Hi,
Please PM me your info so i can look into this situation for you. I am also looking into the floor insulations we currently have on the shelf.
Thanks!
Ed

Old 04-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ed you gave me a $40.00 credit 7/31 -12, but it is nice to see that you follow up in the satisfaction forum ;)

Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 AM
PY Staff - Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Ed you gave me a $40.00 credit 7/31 -12, but it is nice to see that you follow up in the satisfaction forum ;)
Hi,
Oh o.k. this is coming back to me now. Sorry again for that situation. Since that time we had decided to go back to offering that original style material and a rubber replacement. We have done away with that other type that you got before.