Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 63 T10 4 Speed Value ?

Have an original 63 T10 4 speed and wanting to get an idea of value. Have not popped the cover to look at sychros etc but each gear and reverse work as they should, nothing feels broken. Also has the original rear mount to the crossmember. I'm going to have a tranny guy look at the internals but assuming they are in reasonable shape, what's a fair value on this?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob, is it an iron center case or aluminum? Long tail shaft or short? (I think long tail-shaft '64 T-10s have a sort of inverted-T beam on the aluminum tail shaft housing.)

I sold an iron-center-case '63 long-tail T-10 about 10 years ago for $250 as-is (turned, went thru the gears, untested or opened up).

Old 05-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

EE, it's cast iron and not the long tail shaft like the 65 up trannys. Tail shaft is aluminum. It does not sit on the crossmember, has a bracket on the end of the tail shaft that bolts to the crossmember. I'll pick it up from the tranny guy tomorrow and get some pictures on here.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I looked at a bunch of them a few years back. Should be able to get 4-500 for it. The Chevy/Vette ones bring more.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,the valuable one is the all alu T-10.They have a bowtie on the case.I believe they were a high nickle geat set,same as the Vettes and 409s.Tom