Old 02-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default FINALLY!

My title woes for the Cat have been resolved! Talked to the folks at the Transportation Cabinet in Frankfort today. Because the title has been archived, all it will take to reactive it is paying 5 yrs. back personal property taxes, having the original owner sign and transfer the title to my brother-in-law. Once that has occurred, I will have to trailer the Cat here to FL, take it to the FLHSNV office for the VIN inspection, pay the $87.75 for a new FL title and FINALLY be done with this mess. This would have been IMPOSSIBLE in Indiana.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I feel your pain when it comes to clearing a title. Congrats.

Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
The Following User Says Thank You to 66bonne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks, Jim. By this fall, My Cat will be here on the Treasure Coast and FINALLY getting the attention it needs.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
The Following User Says Thank You to hurryinhoosier62 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2014, 02:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hope we catch up with each other some time.

Jim

65 Catalina sedan. Allen Thomas Performance 495. KRE Heads at 310cfm ported by SD Performance, ProSystems Dominator carb on ported Victor intake, P-Dude custom grind hydraulic roller, MSD ignition, 3.50 Moser/Ford rear. F-Glass front bumper by son Rob, rear by the old man and joint effort for trunk lid. 3950# w/driver. Best of 9.5761/139 on 175 shot, 6.01 /114 in 1/8.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What!? No Pics?

Gawd, it is good when you can put time wasting stuff like this behind you isn't it?

And, it will be in a place where you can work on it and drive it ALL YEAR!

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 02-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like it was NEARLY impossible in Kentucky!

Glad to hear this is almost over. Looking forward to some pics.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 02-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Sounds like it was NEARLY impossible in Kentucky!

Glad to hear this is almost over. Looking forward to some pics.

K
Not as bad as Indiana, Keith. Unless you use a "salvage" or "rebuildable" title in Indiana, you CAN NOT title a non-roadworthy vehicle in Indiana (discovered that with our Amigo). Kentucky has a provision for a "Classic car project" title, but the vehicle can not have a VALID KY title. That was the rub. My Cat was last titled in 1990, last registered in 1994.
According to the former owner, the title had been removed from KY's system. Technically, this was true; however, KY law requires a vehicle inspection to transfer the title UNLESS there is a VALID KY title. Since the Cat's title has been archieved and not removed from the system, titling it in my name became a rather simple task. This has taken nearly 12 yrs.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead View Post
What!? No Pics?

Gawd, it is good when you can put time wasting stuff like this behind you isn't it?

And, it will be in a place where you can work on it and drive it ALL YEAR!
Yes, it IS. All I have to do now is pay the back personal property taxes for 5 yrs., get the previous owner to sign the title over to my brother-in-law, then he will write me a bill of sale and we'll tow her down here for VIN inspection and titling. BTW....She won't see too much driving during the summer.....no A/C!!

Pictures will be coming once all the paperwork is done. Until then, here is the Cat's description: 1964 Catalina Two door post sedan, Liberty Blue with matching interior.
389 two barrel with "Slim Jim" automatic, 2.93:1 open diff. Power Steering, manual brakes, AM radio only. A VERY basic car that was sold by Liddie Pontiac in Louisville, KY
(same dealer Dad bought his Pontiacs from) and owned by ONE family. I've met the original owner.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66bonne View Post
Hope we catch up with each other some time.

Jim
We will, Jim. My wife's company has facilities on your side of the state. She has to inspect these from time to time, so I'll give you a shout the next time we're headed that way.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Man, back-paying 5 years of personal property taxes in CA would be over $40,000 for me. To expensive to get a title on a car, that's for sure. Be better off with no paperwork at all and do it from scratch, IMO.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
Man, back-paying 5 years of personal property taxes in CA would be over $40,000 for me. To expensive to get a title on a car, that's for sure. Be better off with no paperwork at all and do it from scratch, IMO.
KY personal property tax rate is based on what the PVA (Property Value Administrator)
determines the vehicle to be worth. In my case, I'll be surprised if the bill tops $100.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 02-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
We will, Jim. My wife's company has facilities on your side of the state. She has to inspect these from time to time, so I'll give you a shout the next time we're headed that way.
Sounds good, we'll hit some of the local tracks for fun.

Jim