cv car same weight, bigger tire,cv barely wins. .04 7 29.17%
cv car lighter, big tire,wins by .12 3 12.50%
cv car lighter, bigger tire, jack wins by .04 14 58.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2014, 07:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPC_Motorsports View Post
Six months and a few days. I cant wait. We sat back for three years. we will be there to mix it up with all the big dogs. Hope to see you there Dick .
I will be watching from the car show field!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 02-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
Mike... you might want to rethink that!

Telling us he will "Skull drag all of them", (post 333 2014predictions thread) when he knows Dick has gone 7.7's a few years back isn't raising expectations??? Thats tight lipped???

He made an unconditional statement right there.
He wrote it!
Unless it conveniently disappears, he is stuck with the consequences of such a bold statement.

I wish him well... hope the new heads give him what he needs to accomplish the task...
"Skull Dragger" TTFMF...

Regardless, Dick has already been .2+ quicker than Jacks best ever in east coast air ttfmf. Dick didnt have the primo air to boost his numbers. I dont think Dick is building a slower combo.

Bruce, being very competitive as I am in anything I do I do not go into a race or a competitive sports saying " man I hope I don't get beat". No I go in thinking I/we are going to roll over the competion like a freight train!

It's the only way to be, IMHO.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 02-15-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Bruce, being very competitive as I am in anything I do I do not go into a race or a competitive sports saying " man I hope I don't get beat". No I go in thinking I/we are going to roll over the competion like a freight train!

That's what I'm talking about!

Old 02-15-2014, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's been said many many times before, but I'll say it again. I N2O car does not pick up in good air like a blower or NA car will. All it does is mess with the tune.

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
The Following User Says Thank You to bad69bird For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm421 View Post
Jack has made no reference what kind of power or e.t. he expects.
Hate to disagree mike... true he made no power or et quote.

But when Jack knows one of the racers he claims he will skull drag, has previusly gone 7.7's, he is telling us hes got that 7.7's car covered. (intended meaning or not)
When he said that, Jack inferred hes expecting to go better than 7.7's. He may not have meant to, but there it is.

I'm confident Dick plans to go faster than previous numbers and not lacking the skills to do so. I'm also very confident in the heads that will be on his car and the person who developed the ports. I've seen the mans work 1st hand in person. Flow bench tests and all. I may not be a head porter and my "porter speak" sucks too, but I'm not lacking knowledge or skills to evaluate someones work or the capabilities it shows.

Im NOT saying Dick wins hands down... stuff happens... As you said... Jack Does have much to lose, so I'm sure he'll be set for kill mode... Dick has to sort his new combo too. Hopefully this race happens. I think its going to be the race to see.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=BruceWilkie;5135328

I wish him well... hope the new heads give him what he needs to accomplish the task...
"Skull Dragger" TTFMF...

Regardless, Dick has already been .2+ quicker than Jacks best ever in east coast air ttfmf. Dick didnt have the primo air to boost his numbers. I dont think Dick is building a slower combo.[/QUOTE]

Skull Drag???
Bruce, I think LIl jack is more into Donkeys now or at least I think that's what told Bill.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Hate to disagree mike... true he made no power or et quote.

But when Jack knows one of the racers he claims he will skull drag, has previusly gone 7.7's, he is telling us hes got that 7.7's car covered. (intended meaning or not)
When he said that, Jack inferred hes expecting to go better than 7.7's. He may not have meant to, but there it is.

I'm confident Dick plans to go faster than previous numbers and not lacking the skills to do so. I'm also very confident in the heads that will be on his car and the person who developed the ports. I've seen the mans work 1st hand in person. Flow bench tests and all. I may not be a head porter and my "porter speak" sucks too, but I'm not lacking knowledge or skills to evaluate someones work or the capabilities it shows.

Im NOT saying Dick wins hands down... stuff happens... As you said... Jack Does have much to lose, so I'm sure he'll be set for kill mode... Dick has to sort his new combo too. Hopefully this race happens. I think its going to be the race to see.
If it happens it'll be the only race, who else will be there to answer a call out? Mike Leech has had a long standing call out that has gone unanswered for a long time.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

We agree? How'dthathappen

Jack I never think about losing either. I love catching a competitor off guard. I street raced alot when I was young and lived in the Buffalo area. You never knew if your competitor had more than claimed or was just trying to fake you out... I lined up and raced. Later years bracket racing I never thought "gee this guy has a string of near perfect lights" or "oh no" the track champ. Didnt matter as long as I did my part. Revisited street racing thru my 40's... alot more risk. More than money at stake as well. Someone came looking for me... Simply set terms and said lets go. I much prefer to simply take action, "is it a race? lets go!" Prefer to save the smack for after the race.

Competitive I am... my style is just different than yours Jack. I plan to win... period.

I'llthen eventually get my car done... we can set terms and we'll race. When I say I'm ready I will be ready. Until then it sucks I'm on the sidelines. Life happens.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Quote:

Thus my comment "Lil Jack is the modern day Muhammad Ali".

Bruce, you can be Howard Cosell.

The Following User Says Thank You to David Holmberg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
If it happens it'll be the only race, who else will be there to answer a call out? Mike Leech has had a long standing call out that has gone unanswered for a long time.
3 years running.....

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Telling us he will "Skull drag all of them", (post 333 2014predictions thread) when he knows Dick has gone 7.7's a few years back isn't raising expectations??? Thats tight lipped???

He wrote it!
Unless it conveniently disappears, he is stuck with the consequences of such a bold statement.

"Skull Dragger" TTFMF...

Regardless, Dick has already been .2+ quicker than Jacks best ever in east coast air ttfmf. Dick didnt have the primo air to boost his numbers. I dont think Dick is building a slower combo.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Better than no one representing.
Doc says hes goin... he got held in chassis prison too long last year.

A few others prefer to bracket race then push combos for max effort...cant fault them for that... to each his own. Besides not everyone can do what they would prefer to do... let alone do what you guys want, when you guys want them to

Mike gets his race eventually... this year??? I have no crystal ball. The sooner it happens the less barking we'll hear??? (probably not)

Bill's payin for two residences... that cant be helpin move his build till the house gets sold. He is making progress though.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

He wrote it!

"Skull Dragger" TTFMF...

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 02-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
Yours must be!!!

Glad you dont like what I have to say.

As much as your mouth runs you got plenty to lose if things dont go your way as well.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
Thus my comment "Lil Jack is the modern day Muhammad Ali".

Bruce, you can be Howard Cosell.
Commentator.....

Old 02-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And Bruce, how do you know it won't be a slower combo? The head/port he will be running has literally no data to back it up and no proven intake. It could be a complete turd. You guys can't seem to help overhyping everything all the time. It's like a damn infomercial we are all forced to watch every time one of you posts.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 02-15-2014, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yours must be!!!

Glad you dont like what I have to say.

As much as your mouth runs you got plenty to lose if things dont go your way as well.
Explain please....What do "I" have to lose?

I've agreed to race a cv combo 3+ years in the making, that is 30 CID bigger(shocker), same weight(supposedly), belt driven, prolly drysump, Darren Morgan whazzo port, Bigaz spreadbore carb, with a canted valve head and a sheetmetal intake. built by the guy who does prostock heads at sonny leonard racing engines

vs

30 less cid, same weight, old azz Eheads, cast intake, wet sump, timing chain,reg dominator,Ok Magic Man ports that he will bust out in no time! built by me in my garage.

LOOKS LIKE I SHOULD GET KILLED ON PAPER EH? Sure hope for you guys sake thats how it goes. I got betting money that says he will not show unless he can win for sure. If it looks close in testing he will not want to race. But we will never know as this will be top secret squirrel crap....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
And Bruce, how do you know it won't be a slower combo? The head/port he will be running has literally no data to back it up and no proven intake. It could be a complete turd. You guys can't seem to help overhyping everything all the time. It's like a damn infomercial we are all forced to watch every time one of you posts.
My answer... I know things you dont. That is how I know.

Besides you guys will think its an info-mercial and either ignore the info or interpret it to read what you want it to read.

Get your info elsewhere.

Seems plenty among you that know everything about them yet never really seen whats been done the last few years. (or seen them at all). Let alone seen any actual testing.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Seems plenty among you that know everything about them yet never really seen whats been done the last few years. (or seen them at all). Let alone seen any actual testing.

Because nothing on the track has been done the last few yrs and what actual testing? Flowbench?

Old 02-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
My answer... I know things you dont.

Seems plenty among you that know everything about them yet never really seen whats been done the last few years.
Like as in the NOTHING thats been done?