Old 02-16-2014, 12:44 AM
Suspended

I have the set of Rally II's that came on my 73 GTO that I took off a long time ago & there up in my tire rack in my garage, & am wondering if they are the same as the ones on the 72 T/A. They ar in great shape & could use a blasting & painting. But they are all straight & in great shape otherwise. They are 15 X 7. I never in all these years ever looked to see what the date is on them but I bought the car late. I ordered an SD car which never came in & had to take this one as it was a left over that the owners son had been driving as a demo. That car was an early car as I know he was driving it when I ordered my car. Any idea of the valve of these wheels??? Thanks

Old 02-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
I have the set of Rally II's that came on my 73 GTO that I took off a long time ago & there up in my tire rack in my garage, & am wondering if they are the same as the ones on the 72 T/A. They ar in great shape & could use a blasting & painting. But they are all straight & in great shape otherwise. They are 15 X 7. I never in all these years ever looked to see what the date is on them but I bought the car late. I ordered an SD car which never came in & had to take this one as it was a left over that the owners son had been driving as a demo. That car was an early car as I know he was driving it when I ordered my car. Any idea of the valve of these wheels??? Thanks
If they are the "generic" 73-76 HM code 15 x 7's and are straight....with good lug tapers.....anywhere in between $200 & $300 for the set of 4.....

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2manyT/A'S For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 01:07 AM
Suspended

I forgot to add that I had the spare to , it's on one of the stock steel 15X7 wheels & it has the original polyglas gt g-70 15 tire on it with about enough tread to be able to use it as a show tire only but I wouldn't drive on it anywhere as I said it is the original spare for the car. I don't know what the codes on the rims are as I don't remember ever looking at the codes to see what they are ever in the last 40 years.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
I forgot to add that I had the spare to , it's on one of the stock steel 15X7 wheels & it has the original polyglas gt g-70 15 tire on it with about enough tread to be able to use it as a show tire only but I wouldn't drive on it anywhere as I said it is the original spare for the car. I don't know what the codes on the rims are as I don't remember ever looking at the codes to see what they are ever in the last 40 years.
Here you go............http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...98#post5135498

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2manyT/A'S For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah... threads tend to go off on tangents. ol Pinion ... 3/35/72?

The Following User Says Thank You to FunctionalShaker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Glen, what date does your wheel with the service parts sticker have?

Thanks Shaker, meant to type 3/25/72

Old 02-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default RALLY II

here are all 4 rims..so it appears as 3 original and 1 SR....yet same day, weird???!Click image for larger version

Name:	RIM 1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	353265...so atleast 4 months till she banged up a rim??..she and I need to talk...although it would seem she learned her lesson...although I wonder what the shelf life of SR rim was...meaning if It was made 3/25/72 I wonder how many were made and then distributed...a lot of details once you start to think about it...?...that is a classic style rim..I wish it was 1972 and I could go to the PONTIAC dealer and order some new parts...what year did the RALLY 2 begin and end?

Click image for larger version

Name:	RIM 2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	353266

Name:	RIM 3.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	353267

Name:	SR RIM 4.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	353268

Name:	SR RIM 4 DETAIL.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	353270

Last edited by transam1972; 02-16-2014 at 05:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to transam1972 For This Useful Post: