Old 03-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Senior Chief

Default Alston Chassis works connectors

Just got done installing my Alston SFC.
Here is a link to my blog where I keep the details: http://mybirdypg.blogspot.com/
Turned out pretty well.
Had to get longer, 4in bolts for the forward bolts where the connector attaches to the frame.
The passenger side connector was a little crooked- nothing too bad or that would affect performance.
Had to grind down metal on the drivers side back frame rail so they would fit over the frame rail.
I used this drill http://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eig...l#.Ux4ZJT9dWSo. WITHOUT THIS DRILL, JOB WOULD HAVE BEEN VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE. IMO.

http://mybirdypg.blogspot.com/

Old 03-11-2014, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

connectors look nice. quick question , i watched your youtube videos & am curious, whats the whining noise i hear on all the burnouts you do? i hear it on both the inside & outside vids?

Old 03-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Senior Chief

Thats a real good question.
That would be my belt squeeling. I had a belt that was too long on there. With the CVF racing pulleys, I had to figure out the right length. With the belt being too long, it torqued the alternator a little bit.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

gotcha. thought it might have been a tranny whine or something.

nice looking car, i have a red 72 formula clone im building. i plan to run some trim-ring-less rallys on it as well as some honeys. havent decided on a set of 17's yet for the pro tour look.

while birds can look good red, i'm not too sure how long my car will stay red.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Senior Chief

Good old resale red. I like red hues, but not a fan of straight red (unless its a buccaneer red TA).
Nice thing about a clone is that you paint the car whatever color you like. You dont have to stick to the norm. You can go a shade off or add a little pearl or metallic to it- something to make it pop.
I ran trim less rallys on the car until I got the Bandits. LOVE that look. Car drives a lot different with the rallys vs the 17s. Each have their own benefit:
Rallys dont handle as well but dont follow the road as much either, which allows the car to "float" down the road
17s handle awesome! Give the car a modern feel. Bandits look like a Rally 2 as well.